Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal food options @ IAH

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Pappadeaux is my personal fav if I have time. Used to like Real Foods (or whatever it is called near Comptoir) but it became real expensive and real bad quality. Will definitely have to try Pappasitos particularly if they have something relatively healthy - Boraxo don't do fried or fatty foods.

Anybody who thinks IAH is bad clearly hasn't been to DFW, or LAX, or...
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
OTG is horrible

Originally Posted by halls120
OTG food is overpriced and since you can't easily substitute, I avoid it across the board.
OTG is horrible. EWR used to have a McDonald's -- not great, but inexpensive, dependable and quick. And it used to have moving walkways. Yeah, I don't mind higher-end food but that's not what I'm after in an airport. I want something to complement the inedible rabbit food that United serves in the United Clubs (with a "cold cut platter" that they lay out for about 32 seconds).
Now they've clogged up the arteries of the airport with all their superficial "concepts" which are overpriced and as artificial as believing that an Olive Garden restaurant is like being in Tuscany. The only good thing about them is you can sit at their tables and charge your laptop and cellphone and you don't actually have to order.
zombietooth, goodeats21 and oopl like this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, SWA A-List
IAH dining options

I thought this might interest United fliers who pass through IAH:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ent...n-12746275.php
onthesam likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Walked passed it on the way to my gate yesterday, smelled really good.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Oh wow, thanks for the tip!

We have a long layover in IAH for Spring Break travel, this will be a great place to amuse the kiddos while enjoying some great eats. Will report back on how the food was.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:02 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by swiftaw
Walked passed it on the way to my gate yesterday, smelled really good.
Walked by it a few weeks ago, and was too busy staring at it (and trying to get to my gate to wait in line) to stop, but certainly will next time! It really is as impressive to look at as the article suggests; all the more surprising considering how slowly the new E restaurants that replaced the moving walkways are taking to complete.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
I rather like the new options in Terminal C... My current favorite is Bam Bam, I like the General Tso's chicken quite well, as well as the sort of fake pho... The pizza place nearby isn't bad either. Over in terminal A is a Blaze Pizza that's pretty good, also terminal B has a Chick Filet as well as a smash burger.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Subway is the best option for healthy eating... in an airport considered by some here amongst the best airport food options in the country? Mkay....
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Original Gatlin's is in my old neighborhood (the incredibly hip Heights). Basically Greg Gatlin and his mom facing a line out the door in the morning trying to get some before it sold out. I'll have to see if their IAH location comes close to matching the original's small-batch quality. If it comes close, that would be good enough to endure a late departure resulting in a food voucher....
artvandalay and oopl like this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Pappadeaux is my personal fav if I have time. Used to like Real Foods (or whatever it is called near Comptoir) but it became real expensive and real bad quality. Will definitely have to try Pappasitos particularly if they have something relatively healthy - Boraxo don't do fried or fatty foods.

Anybody who thinks IAH is bad clearly hasn't been to DFW, or LAX, or...
Agreed on ALL counts. When Real Food first opened, it was an excellent stop. Now, it's ... not. Back to Pappadeaux. Great burger if nothing else appeals.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:43 am

Location: Various tier levels of frequent flyer/hotel plans received for bellyaching about minor flaws in the service I received.
I like Cat Cora's Kitchen in E. The food is reliably good and prepared to order. Pappadeaux, not so much. It's the Olive Garden of cajun food.
chermorg likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Cat Cora's Kitchen is an airport concessionaire that seems to be slightly "chain" in nature - it's popped up in SLC, IAH, and a few other airports (I don't think SFO has one [yet?]).

That being said, I actually love what UA and IAH have done in B-South with the new(ish) walkway, large holding area for all RJ flights from the south gates, walkway has concessions and shopping (like a mall) and then there's only two limited concession places in the waiting area. I'm hoping that the C rennovations will eventually be that nice, but the scattered nature of the OTG concessions makes me think that's unlikely. They seem more concerned with having an OTG restaurant within 5 steps of every single gate than they do with having adequate waiting area near gates - all a ploy to get people to spend more money I guess. I like a vast majority of the OTG options... but don't put them in the worst spots lol.

Also hoping to be able to try the new BBQ on the way through next weekend - I'll try and remember to come tell everyone how it was if I remember to eat there
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by CO DCA
I like Cat Cora's Kitchen in E. The food is reliably good and prepared to order. Pappadeaux, not so much. It's the Olive Garden of cajun food.
well at least Pappadeaux has healthy salads

Chopped Salad W/ Fried Crawfish **Estimate*** (Pappadeaux)
Serving Size: 2.5 cups, Calories: 1200, Fat: 150g, Carbs: 0g, Protein: 0g

chermorg likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Checking in for international departure and going to other terminals for food

I have an overnight connection in houston. I am staying at the marriott in the airport. The next morning i have an international departure on UA 7. Where is the best place to check in for this flght? Terminal Chicago or c or d. I prefer Chicago because that's where the good food is.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
UA7 will depart from Terminal E so you can check-in there. The Pappadeux's in E has historically been a solid dining option so that may be your best bet, but if you're willing to venture, the new OTG options in C-North (a bit of a trek from E) looked interesting the last time I passed through IAH. Additionally, if you're craving fast food/Texas institution, I'd also consider the Whataburger in B. All terminals in IAH are connected airside via the above-ground train, I'd recommend ~15-20 mins to transit between terminals.

Originally Posted by steve4031
I have an overnight connection in houston. I am staying at the marriott in the airport. The next morning i have an international departure on UA 7. Where is the best place to check in for this flght? Terminal Chicago or c or d. I prefer Chicago because that's where the good food is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.