Terminal food options @ IAH

Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
My connections have been pretty short lately, but in the past, I have gone to "Real Food" near C34. It is cafeteria style so pretty quick. I always get the BBQ brisket or pulled pork. They have a wide variety, Mexican, Pizza/Itialian, Salad, Burgers, Sandwiches, etc. It's not the best food in the world but pretty good for airport food. There aren't alot of airports where I can get BBQ that doesnt look microwaved.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Agreed, Pappadeaux is very good!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by bhunt
I would think it's the airport authority
I agree. So I am not sure how this is "United's options" in food choices. Or how United is in anyway responsible for the food available in the Terminals.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
I agree. So I am not sure how this is "United's options" in food choices. Or how United is in anyway responsible for the food available in the Terminals.
​​​​​​
This.

OTG and United Airlines will be expanding the food and beverage and retail offerings in Terminals C-South and E at George Bush Intercontinental (IAH). The new plans are expected to completed in the latter half of 2017.

OTG will add eight new restaurants in the terminals that are inspired by Houston cuisine. The restaurants will also feature OTG’s signature Flo iPad technology.

The new offerings in Terminal C-South will include Magnolia Meatball Shop, a concept by Chef Christopher Williams that will offer classic comfort food with a twist; Agave, an authentic taqueria by Sharon Haynes; and H-Burger, a “ranch-to-table” restaurant by Chef Antoine Ware that will serve local, fresh and natural dishes with a Houston spin.
https://www.airportrevenuenews.com/o...ssions-to-iah/
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
OTG ruined any good dining at EWR and I am sad to see them do the same at IAH. Their food is mediocre, overpriced and wait staff is disinterested. The whole experience becomes expensive, sterile and bland. Not a good combination, IMHO.
goodeats21 and Two Bee like this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by bhunt
I would think it's the airport authority
it is a joint deal between the airport and UA. I believe that was the ask for UA to reinvest in their hubs.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by emcampbe

Havent been to Whataburger in IAH, but have in YYZ, and it’s not bad.
there are no whataburgers in canada...did u mean dal or aus airports?

On topic jasons deli is at iah as well.

i think food choices at airports are also due to demographics of the traveler and location. Who goes to the airport to eat food or nice dinner? The choices are a means to an end and that is why we have OTG. I think the more expensive sit downs require more time and a certain clientale to survive at the airport. Now that doesn't preclude a high rated restaurant from opening a more to go operation like the airport...ex AUS eateries or papasitos.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Halo117
there are no whataburgers in canada...did u mean dal or aus airports?

On topic jasons deli is at iah as well.

i think food choices at airports are also due to demographics of the traveler and location. Who goes to the airport to eat food or nice dinner? The choices are a means to an end and that is why we have OTG. I think the more expensive sit downs require more time and a certain clientale to survive at the airport. Now that doesn't preclude a high rated restaurant from opening a more to go operation like the airport...ex AUS eateries or papasitos.
sorry, I’m mistaken...I think it’s Wahlburger, and unlsss it’s gone from there, I’ve definitely walked by it in IAH too. It’s not OTG, for sure, I think run by SSP(?) - no iPad ordering (thankfully), but also priced well below anything I’ve seen run by OTG anywhere.

As fir for who goes to the airport to eat...lots of people eat at airports..maybe not specifically to eat, but it’s part of traveling...many would rather grab a decent bite before/after a long flight rather than rely on food on the plane. I’m typically not doing fine dining (but most of my travel is personal). I avoid EWR like the plague since OTG moves in because there aren’t any options. At least YYZ, for example, has non-OTG siidowns or fast food like TIm Hortons. IAH, at least for now, also has a choice - I don’t eat at C-North anymore. I simply will not fly through EWR unless there are no other reasonable options - it was never necessarily my first choice (because of increased potential for delays in and out), but it is now always my last). I much prefer ORD, for example, which has a variety of different types of options - all of which are much more reasonably priced. I’ll be at Frontera’s probably 8 or 9 times out of ten, but there are others as well that work. I can think of at least one or two decent places at every other UA hub (except LAX, because I haven’t flown through in years), but not a single place at EWR. Happy to hear Wendy’s is coming in - not particularly a fan of that, but definitely willl be a cut above the other places there now.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
All the Pappas Restaurants are good. Pappasitos is super yum Tex-mex.
BeckhamsTears likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by eng3
My connections have been pretty short lately, but in the past, I have gone to "Real Food" near C34. It is cafeteria style so pretty quick. I always get the BBQ brisket or pulled pork. They have a wide variety, Mexican, Pizza/Itialian, Salad, Burgers, Sandwiches, etc. It's not the best food in the world but pretty good for airport food. There aren't alot of airports where I can get BBQ that doesnt look microwaved.
I love the BBQ there, I usually over-eat on when I stop at that place. I can't say that for any airport food anywhere else really including SFO's offerings which are usually decent.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Has the salt lick grill gone from the express terminal? It was the only thing I was ever willing to eat at IAH
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
The Turkish lounge in IAH is pretty good. Decent food, has a bar, and at the entrance they have Turkish delights. I was there recently with using Priority Pass.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yscleo
The Turkish lounge in IAH is pretty good. Decent food, has a bar, and at the entrance they have Turkish delights. I was there recently with using Priority Pass.
There's no TK lounge at IAH.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:31 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Hubcap is also very good. At least the one's in the city are, I haven't tried his airport outpost yet.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold
+1 for Pappadeaux

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.