Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using OLD UA Mileage Plus Number

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
So the running theory is CO has always been 2+6 with the exception of a brief period? Unless anyone has counter DPs....
pmCO was 2+6 -- not a theory, a fact.
At the time of merger, unless you provided a pmCO account, a 3+5 account was created to absorb the miles from pmUA accounts.

Post merger -- new accounts still seem to be 2+6

Does My Mileage Plus number give me away as former CO One Pass?
sexykitten7 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
My family and I all had pre-merger UA accounts but no CO accounts. We were all given 2 letter plus 6 number accounts.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
So far, everyone in my circle has the 2+6 numbers. I have not seen 3+5 numbers yet.

Originally Posted by poohhead80
I choose UA forum over OZ forum. No double posting.
I am flying GMP (Seoul) to CJU (Cheju) tomorrow on OZ.
I used my UA Mileage Plus Number (two letters + six digit numbers). However, OZ system did not take my number.
So I tried old UA Mileage Plus Number (Pre merger number: eleven digit numbers). Surprisingly, the system took my old number.
The question is... will it work?
Does anyone have a similar experience with OZ or other star alliance carriers?
Thanks.
I fly OZ or non-UA *A carriers monthly and have never had a problem entering the "two letters + six digit numbers" since the UA/CO merger. Please report back with your experience by using the PMUA 11-digit number.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Kacee
I can barely remember my phone number, but also still have my old MP number etched in memory.
Same here. Someday I hope it is restored - just after the Tulip is put back where it belongs.
rittenhousesq and gayste like this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by poohhead80
I choose UA forum over OZ forum. No double posting.
I am flying GMP (Seoul) to CJU (Cheju) tomorrow on OZ.
I used my UA Mileage Plus Number (two letters + six digit numbers). However, OZ system did not take my number.
So I tried old UA Mileage Plus Number (Pre merger number: eleven digit numbers). Surprisingly, the system took my old number.
The question is... will it work?
Does anyone have a similar experience with OZ or other star alliance carriers?
Thanks.
i did this in 2015 on Turkish for the same reason - website didn't take letter number combo

Hopefully you receive more recent examples

i still use old MP numbers on the UA website to log in For my wife and kids. We were all issued 3+5 letter/number account numbers in the new scheme.

just shows all that bluster that the CO system couldn't deal with UAUA numbers was yet another Smisek lie.

Last edited by uastarflyer; Nov 30, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
So far, everyone in my circle has the 2+6 numbers. I have not seen 3+5 numbers yet.

I fly OZ or non-UA *A carriers monthly and have never had a problem entering the "two letters + six digit numbers" since the UA/CO merger. Please report back with your experience by using the PMUA 11-digit number.
Wow. I have a relatively small circle of UA flyers, but I only know two 2+6. The rest are 3+5. I never had a CO account, but I don't believe any of my associates or family did. Strangely, the oldest and the newest accounts are 2+6. So to me this seems kind of random?

edit: this is nearly consistent with WineCountryUA's explanation, although lhrsfo also reports sans-CO 2+6.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
pmCO was 2+6 -- not a theory, a fact.
At the time of merger, unless you provided a pmCO account, a 3+5 account was created to absorb the miles from pmUA accounts.

Post merger -- new accounts still seem to be 2+6

Does My Mileage Plus number give me away as former CO One Pass?
​​​​​​​
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

No mile posting on my UA account. Oh well. it is just 200 something miles. I am not going to call UA to get the miles.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
Wow. I have a relatively small circle of UA flyers, but I only know two 2+6. The rest are 3+5. I never had a CO account, but I don't believe any of my associates or family did. Strangely, the oldest and the newest accounts are 2+6. So to me this seems kind of random?

edit: this is nearly consistent with WineCountryUA's explanation, although lhrsfo also reports sans-CO 2+6.

​​​​​​​
All my circle are old PMCO folks with 2+6, I never even knew UA issued 3+5!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by fumje

​​​​​​​i am a 2 + 6
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
I opened my Mileage Plus account a little over 30 years ago and have a 3+5 number now.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:01 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
My family and I all had pre-merger UA accounts but no CO accounts. We were all given 2 letter plus 6 number accounts.
This matches our experience as well.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Mine are 00013 MP opened 198X and 2+6 CO opened early 2010.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Just bumping in memory of the far superior PMUA MP program which ceased to exist 10 years ago today 3/3/12. RIP
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Just bumping in memory of the far superior PMUA MP program which ceased to exist 10 years ago today 3/3/12. RIP
I can't believe that you can still (!) log in with your old 11-digit MP number a decade later...

It is also fun to look in the app to see my 1989 join date, which was from UA not CO.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:44 pm

When I view my MileagePlus Shopping account profile, it still shows my old 11-digit MP number. There is no way to change that number to the new 6+2 account number since the profile uses UA's account to log in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.