EWR -> AMS R5 but no Saver Business

Old Nov 25, 17, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold
EWR -> AMS R5 but no Saver Business

So I'm looking at UA 70 from EWR to AMS on Friday, 2/16 (before President's Day Weekend), and it's showing R4. However, there is no Saver Business Class open, which in my experience is usually correlated with R space. It's also showing P9. What do you guys think the odds are of Saver Business opening up on that flight?
Old Nov 25, 17, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by sardonic View Post
So I'm looking at UA 70 from EWR to AMS on Friday, 2/16 (before President's Day Weekend), and it's showing R4. However, there is no Saver Business Class open, which in my experience is usually correlated with R space. It's also showing P9. What do you guys think the odds are of Saver Business opening up on that flight?
Slim to none.

I << R << PN << P

You could buy business award and wait-list and get a seat in economy. Just make sure you are waiting as a displaced business class pax, not for an upgrade.

Strangely, you will likely never clear before battlefield, but then you should be top of the list if you get it coded correctly at check-in.
Old Nov 25, 17, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...there is no Saver Business Class open, which in my experience is usually correlated with R space. It's also showing P9....
Certainly not my experience.
Old Nov 25, 17, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
Certainly not my experience.
Mine, either. I have often found R space w/o I space and have had to waitlist the award. Conversely, I've found I without R and waitlisted the upgrade.
Old Nov 25, 17, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
there is no Saver Business Class open, which in my experience is usually correlated with R space
To the extent there's a correlation, it runs the other direction. If there's I, there's almost certainly R. The reverse is not true.

Originally Posted by exerda View Post
Conversely, I've found I without R and waitlisted the upgrade.
That's an error. Like R>0, PN=0, which you will see on occasion.
Old Nov 25, 17, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
To the extent there's a correlation, it runs the other direction. If there's I, there's almost certainly R. The reverse is not true.....
This.

Example: LAX-LHR 1/10 and LHR-SFO 1/16, both currently with ample R. Both had I1 a couple of weeks ago, but thatís disappeared. Thought about grabbing the I space at the time but $1500 and 2 expiring GPUs got me both.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: