EWR -> AMS R5 but no Saver Business

Old Nov 25, 17, 11:49 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 34
EWR -> AMS R5 but no Saver Business

So I'm looking at UA 70 from EWR to AMS on Friday, 2/16 (before President's Day Weekend), and it's showing R4. However, there is no Saver Business Class open, which in my experience is usually correlated with R space. It's also showing P9. What do you guys think the odds are of Saver Business opening up on that flight?
sardonic is offline  
Old Nov 25, 17, 12:09 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Silicon wasteland
Programs: UA 1KMM
Posts: 1,231
Originally Posted by sardonic View Post
So I'm looking at UA 70 from EWR to AMS on Friday, 2/16 (before President's Day Weekend), and it's showing R4. However, there is no Saver Business Class open, which in my experience is usually correlated with R space. It's also showing P9. What do you guys think the odds are of Saver Business opening up on that flight?
Slim to none.

I << R << PN << P

You could buy business award and wait-list and get a seat in economy. Just make sure you are waiting as a displaced business class pax, not for an upgrade.

Strangely, you will likely never clear before battlefield, but then you should be top of the list if you get it coded correctly at check-in.
ryman554 is offline  
Old Nov 25, 17, 12:10 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 10,997
Originally Posted by sardonic View Post
...there is no Saver Business Class open, which in my experience is usually correlated with R space. It's also showing P9....
Certainly not my experience.
IAH-OIL-TRASH is offline  
Old Nov 25, 17, 1:02 pm
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Between DCA and IAD
Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Posts: 60,391
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
Certainly not my experience.
Mine, either. I have often found R space w/o I space and have had to waitlist the award. Conversely, I've found I without R and waitlisted the upgrade.
exerda is online now  
Old Nov 25, 17, 8:26 pm
  #5  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX/SFO
Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 46,199
Originally Posted by sardonic View Post
there is no Saver Business Class open, which in my experience is usually correlated with R space
To the extent there's a correlation, it runs the other direction. If there's I, there's almost certainly R. The reverse is not true.

Originally Posted by exerda View Post
Conversely, I've found I without R and waitlisted the upgrade.
That's an error. Like R>0, PN=0, which you will see on occasion.
Kacee is online now  
Old Nov 25, 17, 9:56 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 10,997
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
To the extent there's a correlation, it runs the other direction. If there's I, there's almost certainly R. The reverse is not true.....
This.

Example: LAX-LHR 1/10 and LHR-SFO 1/16, both currently with ample R. Both had I1 a couple of weeks ago, but thatís disappeared. Thought about grabbing the I space at the time but $1500 and 2 expiring GPUs got me both.
IAH-OIL-TRASH is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: