FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   EWR -> AMS R5 but no Saver Business (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1879402-ewr-ams-r5-but-no-saver-business.html)

sardonic Nov 25, 2017 11:49 am

EWR -> AMS R5 but no Saver Business

So I'm looking at UA 70 from EWR to AMS on Friday, 2/16 (before President's Day Weekend), and it's showing R4. However, there is no Saver Business Class open, which in my experience is usually correlated with R space. It's also showing P9. What do you guys think the odds are of Saver Business opening up on that flight?

ryman554 Nov 25, 2017 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by sardonic (Post 29098974)
So I'm looking at UA 70 from EWR to AMS on Friday, 2/16 (before President's Day Weekend), and it's showing R4. However, there is no Saver Business Class open, which in my experience is usually correlated with R space. It's also showing P9. What do you guys think the odds are of Saver Business opening up on that flight?

Slim to none.

I << R << PN << P

You could buy business award and wait-list and get a seat in economy. Just make sure you are waiting as a displaced business class pax, not for an upgrade.

Strangely, you will likely never clear before battlefield, but then you should be top of the list if you get it coded correctly at check-in.

IAH-OIL-TRASH Nov 25, 2017 12:10 pm

...there is no Saver Business Class open, which in my experience is usually correlated with R space. It's also showing P9....

Certainly not my experience.

exerda Nov 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 29099017)
Certainly not my experience.

Mine, either. I have often found R space w/o I space and have had to waitlist the award. Conversely, I've found I without R and waitlisted the upgrade.

Kacee Nov 25, 2017 8:26 pm

there is no Saver Business Class open, which in my experience is usually correlated with R space

To the extent there's a correlation, it runs the other direction. If there's I, there's almost certainly R. The reverse is not true.

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 29099135)
Conversely, I've found I without R and waitlisted the upgrade.

That's an error. Like R>0, PN=0, which you will see on occasion.

IAH-OIL-TRASH Nov 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 29100004)
To the extent there's a correlation, it runs the other direction. If there's I, there's almost certainly R. The reverse is not true.....

This.

Example: LAX-LHR 1/10 and LHR-SFO 1/16, both currently with ample R. Both had I1 a couple of weeks ago, but that’s disappeared. Thought about grabbing the I space at the time but $1500 and 2 expiring GPUs got me both.