Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Interesting items purchasable at The United Shop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting items purchasable at The United Shop

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wco81
Good enough to use at home too?
Probably not for sleeping...too narrow. But from now on it's absolutely going to be my go-to on any flight longer than an hour, whether I'm in Y or F.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Only time I used it was when the regular pillow they had was causing pain in my neck because it was too thick.

So I asked if they had the gel pillow well into the flight and it felt better.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA GS
Does anyone know if the gel pillow contains an actual gel, ie would not be allowed by TSA?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by villox
Does anyone know if the gel pillow contains an actual gel, ie would not be allowed by TSA?
TSA won't disallow such a pillow. It's not really a gel per se, more like gel or gel-like molecules added to memory foam in order to increase its cooling ability.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Red face United Shop opened! Duvets, gel pillows, no bears

Just saw this and am not sure how long it's been open? I think I might buy my own gel pillow rather than having to beg for one. And hope this slows down the pilfering. No Polaris bears but some cool 747 stuff!

https://unitedshop.summitmg.com/unitedshopr
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Did I miss it somewhere or can you use MP points to redeem for these??

the "search this thread" does not work for me I tried MP , points, etc
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Jimmie Jet
Did I miss it somewhere or can you use MP points to redeem for these?? ....
From United Shop FAQs
Can I use my miles to buy products on the United Shop?
At this time you cannot use MileagePlus miles to pay for items on the United Shop. United Shop will accept the following credit cards: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover. Please note that your credit card will be charged by Summit Group, LLC.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess they have plenty of those book-like amenity kits to get rid of
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Seems kind of tacky that UA doesn't offer free shipping. I added a saks blanket and the gel pillow and they wanted an extra ~17 for UPS shipping.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by JHake10
Seems kind of tacky that UA doesn't offer free shipping. I added a saks blanket and the gel pillow and they wanted an extra ~17 for UPS shipping.
Future interaction with ordering/customer service: "Would you like to pick it up on your next flight?"

David
JHake10 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Originally Posted by DELee
Future interaction with ordering/customer service: "Would you like to pick it up on your next flight?"

David
Great idea, along with my online duty free!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by N104UA
I don't think it would be hard to prove, and you can also put it in that case (or even stitch you name on the pillow case so yours isnt stolen). I would just say, don't use this one your your Polaris flight. If the FA does take your pillow I wouldn't fight it but immediately email UA with my sales receipt and demand a new one.
I won a Saks pillow at a FFG event and the first thing I did before carrying it onboard a Polaris flight was to have my FFN number embroidered in matching script over Saks.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I now have increased anxiety on every Polaris flight about when best to ask for a gel pillow. I'm at 100% success so far but still nervous. I'm tempted to get one just to remove this anxiety.

If you think about this situation, where I'm conditioned to want an amenity being provided but nervous to actually obtain it consistently and with ease so much that I consider bringing my own, it's sadly hilarious.
You are not alone in the anxiety dept. Whenever I board a Polaris flight, the first thing I do is ask for a gel pillow. I can understand United running out of my size in pj's, but why don't they carry enough gel pillows to accommodate every business class customer?

I love the idea of an embroidered MP# on the pillow case -- dry cleaners do embroidering/stitching?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Shipping is fairly fast. There is an inner white cover under the blue united polaris one, so in theory, one could bring it aboard as-is, without the blue cover.

There is a gel face to the pillow. No idea about TSA, I've never tried.

Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
This is great. I can buy all the Polaris bedding and feel right at home...at home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.