Possible New UAX Service -- Decatur IL

Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA: 1P; Bonvoy: Gold; IHG: Plat; HH: Silver; DL, AA: Gen. Member
Possible New UAX Service -- Decatur IL

It looks like Central Illinois may add another new city to the United Express network, after recently adding Champaign. The Decatur Park District, which manages the local airport has voted in favor of recommending to the FAA that SkyWeat replace the current carrier in receiving EAS funds. Local businesses have also come out in guaranteeing a minimum amount of seats for the SkyWest flight. It will be interesting to see how this possible service may affect loads at the other Central IL airports, but I'm still waiting for that IAH flight.

More on the story:

http://herald-review.com/news/local/...d5bce2e1a.html
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
Interesting move. I go down there quite a bit to support the massive ADM plant. I would never take the flight since I am local, but I imagine flying to Chicago then driving 3 - 4 hours through corn country is no fun. The alternative is taking a Cesna down there, and I know going to a meeting on the verge of vomiting isn't the preferred method.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA Plat, DL Silver, SPG Titanium
Originally Posted by steveo
Interesting move. I go down there quite a bit to support the massive ADM plant. I would never take the flight since I am local, but I imagine flying to Chicago then driving 3 - 4 hours through corn country is no fun. The alternative is taking a Cesna down there, and I know going to a meeting on the verge of vomiting isn't the preferred method.
I've flown on the Air Choice One cessna a few times. Never seen it full. And the fares can be stupid cheap (<$30 one way).

Who is going to fill a CRJ? Please.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DWFI

The monorail riders from Shelbyville.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
wow talk about a bizarre heading... I was born in decatur! Haven't been back in 25 years... would be cool to take a flight down there.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA: 1P; Bonvoy: Gold; IHG: Plat; HH: Silver; DL, AA: Gen. Member
Originally Posted by DWFI
I've flown on the Air Choice One cessna a few times. Never seen it full. And the fares can be stupid cheap (<$30 one way).

I think there will be more people that take it than Air Choice One because most people I know don't want the hassle of multiple itineraries when connecting. It was not recommended that we take it at work. I think you will see this replace some of the private jets flights for the various companies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.