Wiki Posts
Search

access to LH Lounge in MUC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriot Plat.Premier
access to LH Lounge in MUC

Asking for a friend - they are traveling ORD to India (not sure if Mumbai or...?) via MUC. They are in Business/Polaris with UA out of ORD and from MUC they are in Business with LH. They are wondering, since they have several hours in MUC, if they have the ability to use a LH lounge in Munich. I have a lifetime United Club membership so I have never had any issue with accessing any lounges overseas so I really couldn't answer her question.
Could someone advise if they will have access to a LH lounge in MUC since they will be flying Business/Polaris all the way through?

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:50 am

Sure.
The LH Business lounges will welcome them.

Last edited by noname83; Nov 15, 2017 at 11:42 am
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Thank you! I thought as much, but wanted to verify. I will tell them to look for a LH Business lounge close to their departure gate then.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
And if your friend is *G (AI? UA?), he should get access to the Senator lounge vs Business.

Last edited by abaheti; Nov 17, 2017 at 10:50 am Reason: grammar
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

No, they are not Gold. Although I do know the Senator lounge is nicer. Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From peeking at the Business lounge on my way to the Senator lounge, I think the niceness differential is not so large. I did like the Senator Cafe, but I believe the name implies that it is *G access only?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
If they have several hours, I suggest going over to the satellite and use the lounge there. Besides being newer, they are much nicer with a view of the tarmac and planes coming in to land.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your helpfulness. I don't think they have a big layover - perhaps a couple of hours - so any chance or the ability (which I see they definitely they will) to get a bit away from the airport 'noise' in the LH Business lounge will be fine. They will still have a long journey ahead of them!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 8:02 pm

If I had 3 hrs + I would actually leave the terminal and go to AirBraeu just outside.
Nothing beats a good beer and meal
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
From what I experienced, the Senator Lounge in MUC is mostly overrun with *G and the Business Lounge is almost as good, but not that full. So, probably they are lucky to have no access to the Senator Lounge
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gusd
If they have several hours, I suggest going over to the satellite and use the lounge there. Besides being newer, they are much nicer with a view of the tarmac and planes coming in to land.
Definitely do this if time allows. The lounge is great and boasts fantastic views of plane traffic from above.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: QR Platinum OWE, LH SEN
Originally Posted by EDDMflyer
From what I experienced, the Senator Lounge in MUC is mostly overrun with *G and the Business Lounge is almost as good, but not that full. So, probably they are lucky to have no access to the Senator Lounge
Psst! Please don't tell the international *G members that the business lounges are emptier! We locals need a refuge :-)
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by EDDMflyer
On two different trips I visited both places - first time I hadn't realized I could go to the Senator lounge.
If anything, the Business lounge seemed a bit better to me, the Senator lounge seemed to run out quickly of various items.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
I know the lounge dragons for LH are notorious, but any chance as *G I could get spouse and daughter (14) in?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:12 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by drewguy
I know the lounge dragons for LH are notorious, but any chance as *G I could get spouse and daughter (14) in?
Low at best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.