Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Barracuda Commercial

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:55 pm

I browsed this thread and felt that it had absolutely no effect on me. Then realized that I've only been on the dark 739 for the last few months

May be this commercial is the UA's way of justifying going "dark" on all its non-p.s. narrow bodies
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:25 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
It irritates the hell out of me any self respecting CIO would be embarrassed if all their data was compromised and their systems were taken over by Malware and they had to rely on a backup.
as a cio you probably know this happens a lot. and to large firms. like uber lol
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
At the risk of taking this thread on a tangent, flying 4 LH flights over the last two weeks, I found myself wondering what I hate more: The Barracuda commercial or that strange 10-second LH commercial of the guy standing over a grill in plaid shorts with a hot dog speared on a grill fork. Between totally not getting the ad, the weird chords that accompany it, and it being such a weird amount of time that I can never manage to fast forward over it, I recalled this thread.

I still don't know which is worse.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by big V
At the risk of taking this thread on a tangent, flying 4 LH flights over the last two weeks, I found myself wondering what I hate more: The Barracuda commercial or that strange 10-second LH commercial of the guy standing over a grill in plaid shorts with a hot dog speared on a grill fork. Between totally not getting the ad, the weird chords that accompany it, and it being such a weird amount of time that I can never manage to fast forward over it, I recalled this thread.

I still don't know which is worse.
It is an important point that you bring up though. While Barracuda Vulnerabilities may be annoying (and super catchy), many other airlines have much more infuriating advertisements. Air Canada has about five car/tourism commercials before you are allowed to browse the entertainment.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:52 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by big V
I found myself wondering what I hate more: The Barracuda commercial or that strange 10-second LH commercial of the guy standing over a grill in plaid shorts with a hot dog speared on a grill fork. Between totally not getting the ad, the weird chords that accompany it, and it being such a weird amount of time that I can never manage to fast forward over it, I recalled this thread.
I LOVE THAT AD IT IS SO GERMAN. isn't he wearing socks and sandals too? lol. it makes ZERO sense and has NEGATIVE SIX contextual relevance. well maybe negative 4 because he's chillin' and so are we using their avod in a middle 3-4-3 seat on a 380. but is braaing truly a german cultural thing? i thought they all go out and have others do that for them

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
It is an important point that you bring up though. While Barracuda Vulnerabilities may be annoying (and super catchy), many other airlines have much more infuriating advertisements. Air Canada has about five car/tourism commercials before you are allowed to browse the entertainment.
canadian commercials are truly the worst. super conservative, camera work is mediocre (third world countries do it better), not at all risque or interesting, and the edgiest are ones that contain puns or "jokes" your super white aunt in duluth minnesota would probably chuckle to, all 13 times it would play during a sporting event. so what you see on ac is par. the barracuda issue is a) that it's esoteric and b) repetitive, but at least it's just 6 seconds, and on 787 and 773, pressing ffwd one time skips you directly past the marriott and barracuda ad to the intro of your programming. better this than being charged for it

Last edited by cur; Nov 30, 2017 at 3:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.