DEN first class catering issues

Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by b787bydesign
For anyone on the NRT flight, after I got the "catering issue" email, I called them and had myself rebooked through EWR, ORD, SFO, or LAX. They are generally more than happy to do so, and the way the NRT connections are timed generally are favorable for arriving flights from any of United's main US hubs.

I wasn't about to sit on a 12-13h flight with a BoB burger.
DEN-NRT catering hasn't been impacted in either cabin, but good on you if you were able to change to a better routing or product as a result...
Two Bee likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AugustusM
Shoot 1KVoice an email and claim your warranted ETC voucher.
I'm not a vaunted 1K but I took advantage of the post-flight survey to tell United what I thought about the dining options and the amount of time they've been taking to resolve the DEN catering issues. I took DEN-NRT last month but was in E+ so wasn't expecting much for that flight and honestly spent a good portion of it sleeping anyway. When I return after New Year's, I'll compare the FC fare on the flight from HNL to DEN and see how it compares to the DEN-HNL flight.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
Originally Posted by robbeck1
NOT FIXED: 12/23 UA 391 DEN>TPA dep 4.50p, 3+ hours...a tribute to John Belushi - choice of hamburger or cheeseburger with thawed cheesecake dessert. Didn't ask about Coke or Pepsi. 1K on a $1,200 ticket doesn't rate a "heads-up" email, but does rate the usual barrage of pre-flight "opportunities" to spend more. I feel so valued as a 1K.
Full-on, 100%, all hands-on-deck, let's get-er dun, asap, right before the holidays, when we've been strokin' it for months!

NOT !!!

Last edited by Two Bee; Dec 24, 2017 at 12:36 pm
Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I’m on a flight now to DEN with a DEN based FA crew. Asked about catering and said kitchen is still partially down, and not expected to be fully up until at least until Jan. He said it was originally the bacteria issue, then got combined with the remodel project, and the recent thing they were told, some of the floor tile was installed wrong so water wouldn’t drain when washed, thus delaying operations further. What a mess...surely no discount on the United First product...lol.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
UA 265 DEN-SFO on 12-24 is a “snack” flight
pretzel roll burger with no veggies, cheesecake, salad replaced with fruit cup and warm nuts to start

Before departure I heard rumblings that pizza was boarded too but not offered. I saw FAs eating pizza during the flight. Hmmmm

Last edited by SFO 1K; Dec 25, 2017 at 10:24 am
Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by asphaltman
I’m on a flight now to DEN with a DEN based FA crew. Asked about catering and said kitchen is still partially down, and not expected to be fully up until at least until Jan. He said it was originally the bacteria issue, then got combined with the remodel project, and the recent thing they were told, some of the floor tile was installed wrong so water wouldn’t drain when washed, thus delaying operations further. What a mess...surely no discount on the United First product...lol.
Must be using the same general contractor to work on the Polaris Lounge remodeling.
halls120, demkr, Kacee and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
UA 265 DEN-SFO on 12-24 is a “snack” flight
pretzel roll burger with no veggies, cheesecake, salard replaced with fruit cup warm nuts to start

Before departure I heard rumblings that pizza was boarded too but not offered. I saw FAs eating pizza during the flight. Hmmmm
That fruit cup just makes me sad.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:32 am

Any updates on the catering situation? I'm flying out on 1/4 and would like to know if I need to hit the bagel place for a more substantial breakfast.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LadyShiva
Any updates on the catering situation? I'm flying out on 1/4 and would like to know if I need to hit the bagel place for a more substantial breakfast.
Better safe than sorry. Relatively cheap insurance policy. Length of flight would impact my decision.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
"Those who are tardy get no fruit cup!"

Originally Posted by milepig
That fruit cup just makes me sad.
iluv2fly and lupine like this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1MM, DL Gold - 2MM, AA Plat - 2MM
Originally Posted by LadyShiva
I fly Friday, December 29 from DEN to IAH on a lunch flight an got the beef stew or whatever they called it with macaroni and cheese, dole pineapple and cheesecake. It is still not acceptable to me.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by b787bydesign
For anyone on the NRT flight, after I got the "catering issue" email, I called them and had myself rebooked through EWR, ORD, SFO, or LAX. They are generally more than happy to do so, and the way the NRT connections are timed generally are favorable for arriving flights from any of United's main US hubs.

I wasn't about to sit on a 12-13h flight with a BoB burger.
I flew DEN-NRT in early December and the food was normal. I love this flight...
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by timbre
I fly Friday, December 29 from DEN to IAH on a lunch flight an got the beef stew or whatever they called it with macaroni and cheese, dole pineapple and cheesecake. It is still not acceptable to me.
I am going the opposite direction later on, with a 45 minute connection in IAH. Your post is not filling me with hope. *argh* The flight is listed as having "refreshments" as it is 2' 37".
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA GS 4+ MM
Catering Issue Looks to be Fully Resolved

FWIW, I flew back in First yesterday (1/1) from Denver to EWR. In anticipation of a bad meal, I asked the gate agent if the catering issue was continuing. She insisted the kitchen was fully operational this week. Boarded the aircraft and immediately asked the welcoming Denver-based flight attendant. Same answer.

Enjoyed a great first class meal: some sort of beef tips in a tasty, tangy sauce, with hot mac & cheese on the side. Also a good-sized portion of pineapple pieces and cheese cake. Definitely not the burger in the pics above.

There was another chicken choice, which I didn't get a look at.

Safe travels.

PS -- just read timbre's post above --- funny: "one man's trash is another man's treasure"

Last edited by dkc715; Jan 2, 2018 at 4:18 pm
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA GS
Was the pineapple still pre-packaged in a cup? And the cheese cake too?
then it isn’t fixed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.