Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN first class catering issues

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by halls120
Once again, UA's PR shop is responding with its usual tone deaf stance. Let's just pretend there are no problems in one of our catering kitchens, and the story will hopefully blow over.
I've only had the poor substitutes once and did send an email to customer care(5K miles as a courtesy). If it had been more than that, I would have sent one each and every time. If you are a 1K getting BOB food in the front, it's really not more than you would have gotten in the back anyway. If no one complains, then it must be acceptable ??
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Yesterday,it was a bland egg and meat reheated sandwich, the yoghurt and a cookie in a plastic bag, or Cheerios, I got a pizza from the back which when I opened it was burnt and caramelized on the lid , disgraceful
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
What the heck? How can a hub have issues for more than a few days? I got a cold cheese plate last week.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:57 pm

They're doing a fairly large construction project as a result of this, which is why it's taking so long.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by DENviaLAX
They're doing a fairly large construction project as a result of this, which is why it's taking so long.
Shades of Polaris marketing. Selling something that they can't deliver but plenty of excuses for it.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
This is what I was also informed today in the DEN UC!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
wow. Any clue as to what the problem was?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL GM, AS; Marriott and SPG Gold, Hyatt
Wonder what this enhancement entails
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:34 pm
Formerly known as caveruner17

Curious, what are they doing for the NRT flights? Obviously cheese and hummus isn't going to cut it for an 11-12 hr flight.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott Platinum
The issue comes from that fact that United First tickets def aren't any cheaper, yet one of the biggest assumed amenities of flying up front is catering.... Thats where I get bugged. Had I known this was still an issue last weekend, I would have flown in the back for half the cost. Not saying I flew upfront just for a meal, but that was a factor.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyfromDenver
I got 5000 miles as a courtesy after I complained about the BOB burger as the first class meal since as a 1K, it was just what I could have had in coach.
I wrote in yesterday, and as of this morning haven't yet received the usual form letter apology, but rather an e-cert for $100 just showed up. Better than an airport meal voucher I guess. Just wished they would communicate better.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by caverunner17
Curious, what are they doing for the NRT flights? Obviously cheese and hummus isn't going to cut it for an 11-12 hr flight.
Anyone know what they are serving on DEN-NRT? I'm taking that one in two weeks.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:01 am

Posting here because this issue was the key. I am flying to AMS vis IAH today and while I did a miles and money upgrade when booking, I am not making it into first on the domestic leg(there's a whole other post). Even if I had, I may have gone to the Timberline restaurant with the priority pass(via CSR) anyway. Up to $28 to spend and that is plenty at breakfast. Easy to use and good meal.

Unintended consequences of the DEN catering issue - I am likely to drop the United Club cc before the Feb renewal. Since I am MM, gold is the lowest I will be and I am 1K and will be for next year. The only thing I might miss isthe helpful agents in the club.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
I'm just trying to parse your post to understand the linkage.
How is the DEN catering impacting your choice of United Club membership? It seems more like the fact your PP gives you a place to get a good meal whenever flying ex-DEN gives you the reason to drop UC.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
I'm just trying to parse your post to understand the linkage.
How is the DEN catering impacting your choice of United Club membership? It seems more like the fact your PP gives you a place to get a good meal whenever flying ex-DEN gives you the reason to drop UC.
I wouldn't have bothered to try the Timberline except that knowing if I was upgraded today, the food in first would have been garbage. I could have added the number of times this year that I have left UCs without getting anything because of the overcrowding and the lack of inconsistent offerings across UCs.

DEN is my home airport.

Sorry it was so difficult to understand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.