Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN first class catering issues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by westerndh

It varied per passenger - I was offered $125 voucher on a $688 ticket cost.
I would happily take $125 voucher instead of a meal on any DEN-CONUS flight.
westerndh and caverunner17 like this.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Originally Posted by transportprof
The internet is our friend when it comes to finding such information. @:-)

The last publicly posted inspection was "limited" and from 2016. No violations were found then.

https://denvergov.org/restaurantinsp...ctionId=267297

Good find!But odd that it hasn't been inspected in over a year? Locally, inspections of restaurants and public pools are published in the newspaper from time to time. I'm not saying this is the issue but to have no prepared food, just packaged stuff, leads me to believe it was the kitchen. And if there was a fire or something, the FAs could say "We had a fire in our catering kitchen . . . ." They are NOT going to say "Our caterers kitchen has been shut down due to an infestation of frogs!"
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
I just checked in to my DEN-LAS flight. 1K check in did not know or weren't saying but I really think they didn't know. They did give me a $20 meal voucher though. Considering it was a snack basket flight anyhow, I took it......
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by westerndh
It's possible I misheard him and that it was 6,250 miles
A $125 e-cert would equate to 6,250 miles in the UA compensation structure.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: United 1K
Just flew DEN-RNO. F Drinks were served in plastic cups, so whatever issues there are appear to be comprehensive, at least at the moment.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Hopefully whatever the issue is is resolved quickly. Flying out of DEN on November 6th...
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K *G; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Is this impacting the catering for DEN-NRT, which is DEN’s only Polaris service (and Y meal service, until DEN-LHR starts)?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: Former UA GS, demoted to lowly 1K MM
Sure hope this isn't a repeat of the issues LSG Sky Chefs had in DEN back in 2010...

Might want to pass on that F meal out of DEN...
Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by eklapper
Is this impacting the catering for DEN-NRT, which is DEN’s only Polaris service (and Y meal service, until DEN-LHR starts)?
This I don't know, but Chelsea also does the catering for the British Airways flight to LHR and tonight there were both Chelsea and LSG Sky Chef trucks up to the plane. Chelsea trucks at the back, LSG at the front. So I'm guessing the premium class meals were being done by LSG, and some of the simpler items still being provided by Chelsea, possibly. I imagine something similar is probably being done for the NRT. Just speculation, though.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: UA 1K *G; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
This thread, and the fact we're still at the speculation phase, reminds me of this gem (which I first watched in the Denver East United Club).

Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
My first thought was that it got switched with the food headed for the lounges, but the DEN lounges never have any food either.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by c502cid
Nope, it was a DEN issue. I was listening to the pilot, the BWI gate agents and ground crew, and both FA crews in and oubound discuss it. Except for the whispering by the inbound pilot they were talking about it openly. They said the DEN-BWI-DEN flight were catered by Denver for both segments. BWI could not fill the plane because those orders had to come from UA corporate, not the pilot or ground crew. I know you are doubtful of this by the Denver operation after seeing it first hand but this is a DEN issue as evidenced by the emails and texts coming to us now. All of us listening to the conversation were thinking the same as you as far as who loads the meals, but they openly discussed it was Denver for both flights.
Then I stand corrected.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: UA GS
$20 Food Voucher for DEN-YYC. Beats the usual fare on the E-175
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
$20 Food Voucher for DEN-YYC. Beats the usual fare on the E-175
FYI -- my understanding is that the current food voucher amounts (for delays and such) on UA are $20 per meal for GS/1K and $10 for everyone else. My guess is that they're using the same logic in this case.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by milepig
My first thought was that it got switched with the food headed for the lounges, but the DEN lounges never have any food either.
Hilarious. ^^

I wonder why the problem is apparently such a big secret?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.