Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN first class catering issues

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
What have they been doing for DEN-NRT?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Den-koa 11/11/17

7 1/2 hour flight departed 11:30 am, lunch service. We were offered pasta and meat ball (singular) or Thai chicken sandwich. Both came with a 1 oz. bag of chips and a sliver of Eli's cheesecake. Food was served and cleared in the first 90 minutes of the flight. The last 6 hours they passed around the snack basket with more chips of various types. Clearly they have not resolved catering out of Denver.

I know it's a first-world problem, but the Hawaii flights have lacked any special feeling for years, but this one was disappointing even by current standards. Won't be asking for certs or miles since (thanks to FT) I knew what to expect and could have SDC'd if it was a big deal to me.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Tonight’s flight DEN-SFO was offered cold pasta salad or cold salmon salad. Nothing hot. Both my seat mate and me declined dinner. This is has been going on for weeks now. Ridiculous.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: UA GS
To add insult to injury, the GA in DEN just refused to issue a meal voucher
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
Where were you headed? Perhaps it depends on the flight's destination and timing.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 1MM, DL Gold - 2MM, AA Plat - 2MM
On a recent flight the GA told me that if I was unhappy that I could get a voucher after I landed. Something tells me that a GA in another airport after my flight is going to care even less about my issues than the one in Denver.

It is just another perfect example of how airlines (and I do use this generically) just do not understand that the meal and service really are part of the product they sell.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
Where were you headed? Perhaps it depends on the flight's destination and timing.
Same flight at same time to YYC I took 2 weeks ago where the GA handed vouchers out proactively (see earlier post)

Originally Posted by timbre
On a recent flight the GA told me that if I was unhappy that I could get a voucher after I landed. Something tells me that a GA in another airport after my flight is going to care even less about my issues than the one in Denver.

It is just another perfect example of how airlines (and I do use this generically) just do not understand that the meal and service really are part of the product they sell.
And the app still lists lunch!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 13, 2017 at 1:55 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by timbre

I got 5000 miles as a courtesy after I complained about the BOB burger as the first class meal since as a 1K, it was just what I could have had in coach.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:31 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
The thai chicken sandwich I had DEN-LAX was vile and unworthy of the label "meal." I'd expect better from my federally subsidized grade school cafeteria, c. 1983.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
What are you gonna get at DEN for $10? As bad UA's catering is, some flights do get hot options.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:05 pm

United has gone from sad to PATHETIC
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
What are you gonna get at DEN for $10? As bad UA's catering is, some flights do get hot options.
A nice drink with my priority pass meal at the Timberline ? Something I actually wanted to eat even if I had to fully pay for it ?

I really would have appreciated the truth. What was worse is the person that had to tell me things were fine is a very long term Denver United employee.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
Update: flight listed as lunch, blocked at 2:50. Served was a small package of processed cheese and crackers, a tiny bag of olives and a cookie.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
2x in less than 30 days is a bit extreme. I can't blame King Soopers for terminating their contract w/CFS. From last month:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...-contamination

(fyi-CFS is now Journey Cuisine)
So, I have to admit that I was a fan of the King Soopers deli burritos. Man of simple tastes, I know. I'm just now learning that they were produced by (a subsidiary of) United Airlines after investigating why they are not currently available. Should I be asking for some MileagePlus miles for all of those burrito purchases?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
PDX-DEN-MSP on Monday (13 Nov.), PDX-DEN (dep. 5ish AM) was a full blown hot breakfast in F, hot items for sale in Y. DEN-MSP (dep. 9 AM) was the snack basket. I recall it being the other way around a month ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.