Wiki Posts
Search

DEN first class catering issues

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Posit all you want. Not related.
Proof? Or are you just positing as well?

E
Old May 14, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by ecoomer
Proof? Or are you just positing as well?
E
Menu planning and ingredient ordering/planning is done months in advance. UA previously announced that they were "testing" new meals in Q4 2017 - this is when we started to see reduced breakfast and lunch options on shorter trips. They leveraged those changes across broader time periods with this May 1st change. If you know a bit about what goes on in the airline catering business, you know they didn't take a listeria outbreak to trial cutting meals.

You're also more than welcome to theorize in another direction. I won't continue the debate.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Just a quick data point. For months, my upcoming DEN-OGG flight in F in early June has been showing "special meal not offered." The OGG-DEN return has always been available for special meal ordering. But after checking each day for the past week or so, the note was removed from my reservation today. I called the Premier Desk, and the agent said that the special meal hold was lifted today and she has already processed multiple requests today from passengers who were previously "locked out." So take that for what it's worth...
Old May 20, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
DEN-CUN

I'm flying DEN-CUN, 0955, departure, 1550 arrival. Meal is listed as "Lunch". Any ideas on what to expect, other than "Prepare to be underwhelmed".
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Related question... Are there ANY food choices on the DEN-LIH flight? (in F) Or is it "You'll get nothing and you'll like it".
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pkerr
Related question... Are there ANY food choices on the DEN-LIH flight? (in F) Or is it "You'll get nothing and you'll like it".
There should be two entree choices.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:29 am

Flying DEN-LIH (F) next Monday. Are things back to normal yet?
Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by pkerr
Flying DEN-LIH (F) next Monday. Are things back to normal yet?
Thanks
Yes. Back to normal.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:54 am

Thank you!
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: MileagePlus - Gold
Maybe things are back to normal, but on my DEN-YYZ flight (6/10), I ordered the standard Bistro on Board hamburger and received it with no box and no lettuce/tomato/pickle packet, just the burger and the condiments. I asked the FA where was the rest of the "boxed meal" and she said that is all that catering gave them. Maybe indicative that all is not right in DEN catering wise, or maybe this is just general United catering as usual.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by willryu
Maybe things are back to normal, but on my DEN-YYZ flight (6/10), I ordered the standard Bistro on Board hamburger and received it with no box and no lettuce/tomato/pickle packet, just the burger and the condiments. I asked the FA where was the rest of the "boxed meal" and she said that is all that catering gave them. Maybe indicative that all is not right in DEN catering wise, or maybe this is just general United catering as usual.
Given that the DEN catering issue is/was fresh fruits/vegetables, and the catering omission was the vegetables, that sounds suspiciously like all is not yet right.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Not 100% quite yet, in my experience.

Did start getting citruses fairly recently, which is a positive development
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:36 pm

All I can say is I have received salads and fruit bowls depending on time of day, and citrus in drinks on all my flights in the last month ex-DEN
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by willryu
I had a flight out of DEN in mid July, and the burger only had condiments; no lettuce/tomato. Asked the FA if they had the veggie toppings, and he said no, still catering issues in DEN. Seems like the catering issues are not fully back to normal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.