Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN first class catering issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by caverunner17
Are they rotating them elsewhere? Or will it be the same two birds the entire summer?
Don't think UA flies any other 788s to NRT, so if it's going to rotate it would be at LHR.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:37 am

Was in F on a 738 dinner flight DEN-ORD last night. Dinner was hamburger. No choices. Didn’t order it but looked like there wasn’t even a side. Wrote 1kvoice last night. This morning, received 6,250 miles as a 1K. Had a real dinner at Elways beforehand as I was suspecting continued problem with UA.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Was in F on a 738 dinner flight DEN-ORD last night. Dinner was hamburger. No choices. Didn’t order it but looked like there wasn’t even a side. Wrote 1kvoice last night. This morning, received 6,250 miles as a 1K. Had a real dinner at Elways beforehand as I was suspecting continued problem with UA.
DEN-IAH on Monday for lunch I was told the same by the FA. "We have a hamburger for lunch today. Would you like to try it?"
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Breakfast

New breakfast sandwich option ex-DEN.

Former Huevos Rancheros option ex-DEN
Breakfast has consistently been Huevos Rancheros or cereal. And the meal came with bread basket selections. Today DEN-ORD was a breakfast sandwich. No bread basket selections. Cereal remained an option.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SFO 1K

New breakfast sandwich option ex-DEN.

Former Huevos Rancheros option ex-DEN
Breakfast has consistently been Huevos Rancheros or cereal. And the meal came with bread basket selections. Today DEN-ORD was a breakfast sandwich. No bread basket selections. Cereal remained an option.
Same bun as they served the hamburger on for the last few months. I guess they trade out the mystery meat between breakfast and lunch/dinner from pork to beef.
MysteryTour likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
No. Different bun. This is a “sourdough ciabatta “ The burger meal is from the BOB supplier. Definitely different bread.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA GS
Just did the second DEN east coast flight this week. Once it could have been a mistake but twice now the portions of the same beef and noodles shrunk to a few forks full. I guess they couldn’t find a smaller pineapple cup.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
I guess they couldn’t find a smaller pineapple cup.
Yet.

David
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Hi all,

Flying DEN-CZM this weekend, wondering what I can expect for breakfast (don't have too high hopes for sure!)? Will plan to grab breakfast at Timberline with my PP card, but curious to see what they'll be serving. Sad to hear how long this issue has been for folks!
Ruhr likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:48 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by klinebch
I recently queried United Global Services for an update on the catering problems in Denver. The reply:

At this time we are slowly adding more selections to our catering out of Denver.

We are expecting that they will introduce fresh vegetables and salads in next month or so.

We are aware that passengers have been patient and we hope to move toward full meals service shortly.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
lol i love this corporate speak, towards a gs no less. instead of "we apologize" it's "we are aware that pax have been patient" and "we appreciate your understanding", even though the writer may not be a pax that's patient and the writer does not understand/empathize with this matter.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA
My heart skipped a beat at the email, "Exciting updates for our Denver customers."
(Sad Trombone, no mention of catering fixes). Woof.

This year, we're all about making improvements for Denver-area customers like you – we're growing with more destinations and routes, enhancing your experience at the airport, and giving back to your community. Here's how:

Expanding your networkWe've launched a seasonal daily flight between Denver and London, using a Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner® aircraft that will offer our new United Polaris® business class experience including new bedding, amenity kits and inflight food and beverages. You can also continue to fly nonstop from Denver to Tokyo on the Dreamliner.When it comes to U.S. routes, we recently made our nonstop Hawaii flights to Kona, Lihue and Maui year-round rather than seasonal. And beginning June 7, we're adding new year-round routes to Appleton, Wisconsin; Cody, Wyoming; Jacksonville, Florida; and Norfolk, Virginia.**

Improving your experienceWe take environmental stewardship seriously and are proud that our United ClubSM locations at Denver Airport have received special green certifications for their recycling and composting programs, anti-polystyrene products policy and donations of unused food. These United Club locations also offer a wide range of amenities to make your travel more comfortable, from fast Wi-Fi to enhanced beverage offerings.

Investing in your communityUnited® is proud to sponsor institutions such as the Colorado Symphony and Denver Center for the Performing Arts, and to be the official airline of the Denver Broncos for more than 20 years. We also inspire future aviation leaders with our continued support of the Denver Public Schools Foundation and the Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by limey1K
DEN-IAH on Monday for lunch I was told the same by the FA. "We have a hamburger for lunch today. Would you like to try it?"
Holy Cow! I just saw this thread. I was in F on a DEN-IAD flight on March 25th and the dinner "choice" was (a) hamburger; (b) ...nada.

I couldn't believe it actually, thought it was an isolated incident. Wondered what my vegetarian wife would have done. The hamburger was terrible. A small piece of meat with a massive giant piece of roll wrapped around it. What the heck is going on?!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Holy Cow! I just saw this thread. I was in F on a DEN-IAD flight on March 25th and the dinner "choice" was (a) hamburger; (b) ...nada.

I couldn't believe it actually, thought it was an isolated incident. Wondered what my vegetarian wife would have done. The hamburger was terrible. A small piece of meat with a massive giant piece of roll wrapped around it. What the heck is going on?!
nothing is going on that’s the problem
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home

nothing is going on that’s the problem
Not entirely nothing, perhaps.

From this quote in Post 686:
Improving your experienceWe take environmental stewardship seriously and are proud that our United ClubSM locations at Denver Airport have received special green certifications for their recycling and composting programs, anti-polystyrene products policy and donations of unused food. These United Club locations also offer a wide range of amenities to make your travel more comfortable, from fast Wi-Fi to enhanced beverage offerings.
it appears that they could be diverting the ingredients that would have gone into F meals prepared in their dormant flight kitchen to good causes in the Denver area. At least someone would be getting some real food that way.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof
Not entirely nothing, perhaps.

From this quote in Post 686:

it appears that they could be diverting the ingredients that would have gone into F meals prepared in their dormant flight kitchen to good causes in the Denver area. At least someone would be getting some real food that way.
I have seen donated food that looks better than some of these ex-DEN F cabin meals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.