DEN first class catering issues

Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by Seattle_to_Korea
What’s going on with UA catering out of Denver? Last night I was on a DEN-SEA flight. They had “cheeseburger”, chips, some fruit cup, and cheesecake. Not the typical meal w rolls salad etc. Disappointing!
There’s an entire thread dedicated to the issue, so get prepared for a magical post transport.

Separately, that thread kind of shocked me, so I booked my flight to EWR tomorrow through DEN to savor Colorado cooking for myself. I’m taking a nonstop to LA on the way back. Jersey food is always yummy.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold , Marriott Platinum. Both earned BIS/Nights
How hard would it be for them to buy some prepackaged salads (have you found a domestic airport without a chicken Ceasar?) from the concourse vendors? Even side salads. It's their issue and they should suck it up. Bring in Subway!

I just think they could provide extras to compensate for the lack of proper service.

down right pitiful
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: AC SE
Any thoughts on what to expect for a DEN-MSY flight coded as "Snack" with the catering issues? 9:52 AM dep, 1:30 PM arrival. Cheese and crackers, or do they offer the BoB items like Cheeseburgers for mid-day "Snack" flights?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: UA, WN
I recently queried United Global Services for an update on the catering problems in Denver. The reply:

At this time we are slowly adding more selections to our catering out of Denver.

We are expecting that they will introduce fresh vegetables and salads in next month or so.

We are aware that passengers have been patient and we hope to move toward full meals service shortly.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by klinebch
I recently queried United Global Services for an update on the catering problems in Denver. The reply:

At this time we are slowly adding more selections to our catering out of Denver.

We are expecting that they will introduce fresh vegetables and salads in next month or so.

We are aware that passengers have been patient and we hope to move toward full meals service shortly.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

In other words, nothing new.
caverunner17 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Was on the DEN-BNA in a 175. Got the upgrade, so I skipped dinner because it said Dinner. BZZZZZZZZt.

Slim jim, cheese and crackers.... The FA was nice, and said he couldn't believe it wasn't fixed yet. He thought mainline was maybe fixed, but not RJs. What crap. This has been going in long enough that they should have figured out how to at least change the flight details to 'snack' so people would know to plan around it.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PushingTin
they should have figured out how to at least change the flight details to 'snack' so people would know to plan around it.
If they advertise it as "snack" they might lose business to other airlines that advertise "dinner".
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
For all you guys the regularly fly these "dinner / meal" flights and just get snacks.. or worse. Can't you get compensated for the lack of meals?
I don't fly UA very often but I am this summer (DEN - LIH) and I'm thinking of asking for something if things aren't fixed by then.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pkerr
For all you guys the regularly fly these "dinner / meal" flights and just get snacks.. or worse. Can't you get compensated for the lack of meals?
I don't fly UA very often but I am this summer (DEN - LIH) and I'm thinking of asking for something if things aren't fixed by then.
In my scan of this long and depressing thread, I see that United offers $0 - $150 in travel credit as a follow up from these meal snafus. You have to write in and then take your chances. I got $0. If you want to read a corporate reply for the $0 response to a complaint about these non-meals, consult post #558 in this thread.

Bonne chance!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by transportprof
In my scan of this long and depressing thread, I see that United offers $0 - $150 in travel credit as a follow up from these meal snafus. You have to write in and then take your chances. I got $0. If you want to read a corporate reply for the $0 response to a complaint about these non-meals, consult post #558 in this thread.

Bonne chance!
Definitely a crap shoot on what you get. I have been offered miles both times I used the premier voice link. 5,000 the first time & 10,000 the second. I was fine with the miles, as I need to book some award tickets for the wife and daughter.
If it matters both of my tickets were paid first fares.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
Definitely a crap shoot on what you get. I have been offered miles both times I used the premier voice link. 5,000 the first time & 10,000 the second. I was fine with the miles, as I need to book some award tickets for the wife and daughter.
If it matters both of my tickets were paid first fares.
Mine too. I got bupkes!
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Offered exactly one hot item from the BoB menu (burger) flying DEN-SFO in F this evening. Literally five months after this started, it's still ongoing. This is ridiculous.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by sfo789
Offered exactly one hot item from the BoB menu (burger) flying DEN-SFO in F this evening. Literally five months after this started, it's still ongoing. This is ridiculous.
No, this is United.

Do let us know if you get lucky in the compensation roulette.
Kacee likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by sfo789
Shelf stable peach cocktail in light syrup? Or tropical fruit cup? I’ve heard both are being offered these days.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by Hammer0425

Shelf stable peach cocktail in light syrup? Or tropical fruit cup? I’ve heard both are being offered these days.
Tropical fruit cup, plus a slice of what was described as a "strawberry cheesecake" that I'm almost certain I've seen in Costco before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.