Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN first class catering issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Marcin83
No PDB and 40 mins before landing (20 before turning on the seat belt signs) I asked for a beer and the F/A said it was too late...
Wow that should be reported. I've asked for a whiskey right before the ding and she actually brought it! That was a pleasant surprise. Always hard to catch FAs' attn at the right time.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
Wow that should be reported. I've asked for a whiskey right before the ding and she actually brought it! That was a pleasant surprise. Always hard to catch FAs' attn at the right time.
I've had FAs offer to bring me "one more drink in a plastic cup" so I could hold on to it during landing!
UAPremierGuy likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
I've had FAs offer to bring me "one more drink in a plastic cup" so I could hold on to it during landing!
"Mine" was simply too "occupied" with his cell phone.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
...I've asked for a whiskey right before the ding and she actually brought it!...
My last upgrade was received when I was already in my coach seat. The door closed just as I put my bag in the bin above my new seat and FA was there immediately to see if I wanted something before takeoff. I declined since my chuggin' days are over, but it was nice.
UAPremierGuy likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: United 1K, Expedia Rewards Gold, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Gold Status, Presidential Plus
Feb 15th DENORD at 6:50pm - Burger only with the dole cup of pineapple and a bag of chips. $150 ETC offered and accepted!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by munster182
Feb 15th DENORD at 6:50pm - Burger only with the dole cup of pineapple and a bag of chips. $150 ETC offered and accepted!
Did you ask for it or did they proactively give it?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
FEB 13th DEN-BWI Burger only with the dole cup of pineapple and a bag of chips. $100 ETC offered and accepted!
Wrote in to premier voice and was answered within 2 days.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Tomorrow - DEN-BNA - Gojet- "Snack" in First. Would there be snackboxes in the back ?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by munster182
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
FEB 13th DEN-BWI Burger only with the dole cup of pineapple and a bag of chips. $100 ETC offered and accepted!
Wrote in to premier voice and was answered within 2 days.
Well, consistently inconsistent strikes again. Both Plats, yet the longer flight gets $50 less...

I really just wish they'd fix this mess. Unless the plan is not to, but the issuance of ETCs seems to run contradictory to this. At this point, I'm not sure anyone at UA even knows.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Well, consistently inconsistent strikes again. Both Plats, yet the longer flight gets $50 less...

I really just wish they'd fix this mess. Unless the plan is not to, but the issuance of ETCs seems to run contradictory to this. At this point, I'm not sure anyone at UA even knows.
yeah and as a GS I got 16,500miles for over 20 DEN flights. Wonder what they are doing?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Just got $75 ETC for that.
sexykitten7 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:30 pm

Just received the below response to an email I sent 2+ weeks ago asking for an update on the kitchen problems for my upcoming flight (early March). So fruit in April. Maybe? Such great customer service... Thanks for your money. We’re not giving you what you paid for so feel free to go buy your own lunch.
——-
Dear Mrs.
I can certainly understand your concern and disappointment as we too are disappointed that the catering is not yet back to normal.
Until we resume full service, customers and crews on some Denver-departing flights will continue to have alternative food options.

Currently, we are bringing the service back in several phases which should begin in April or May with the return of fresh fruit; followed by other fresh produce such as leafy greens and vegetables, and then finally the remainder of the menu along with Special Meals (which are currently unavailable). We are very sorry for this inconvenience. We are currently doing the best we can to offer alternative food options however you may wish to bring your own food, which you are certainly allowed to do.

thank you for your time and know that we look forward to welcoming you aboard your upcoming trip.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kreid33
Just received the below response to an email I sent 2+ weeks ago asking for an update on the kitchen problems for my upcoming flight (early March). So fruit in April. Maybe? Such great customer service... Thanks for your money. We’re not giving you what you paid for so feel free to go buy your own lunch.
——-
Dear Mrs.
I can certainly understand your concern and disappointment as we too are disappointed that the catering is not yet back to normal.
Until we resume full service, customers and crews on some Denver-departing flights will continue to have alternative food options.

Currently, we are bringing the service back in several phases which should begin in April or May with the return of fresh fruit; followed by other fresh produce such as leafy greens and vegetables, and then finally the remainder of the menu along with Special Meals (which are currently unavailable). We are very sorry for this inconvenience. We are currently doing the best we can to offer alternative food options however you may wish to bring your own food, which you are certainly allowed to do.

thank you for your time and know that we look forward to welcoming you aboard your upcoming trip.
It just gets more and more absurd. We have no intention of supplying the service you purchased so you’re free to bring your own food!
blueman2 and Kreid33 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kreid33

How infuriating! United will allow its passengers to bring their own food into First Class to fill the deficiencies that its catering snafu has created.

Since 2012, they have also allowed me to bring a small pillow on board to make up for the ones they did away with during one of the Project quality enhancement rounds.

I wonder what else we will be allowed to do on future flights to fill in the gaps that they create between what should be included in First Class service, and what is actually provided?

Should FTers begin an online petition to be allowed corkage to bring drinkable wine onto United flights?
Xyzzy and Kreid33 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof
Since 2012, they have also allowed me to bring a small pillow on board to make up for the ones they did away with during one of
I wonder what else we will be allowed to do on future flights to fill in the gaps that they create between what should be included in First Class service, and what is actually provided?

Should FTers begin an online petition to be allowed corkage to bring drinkable wine onto United flights?
Next Press Relase. To enhance the onboard experience and to solve the issue with passengers getting stuck in the slimlined lavs we have locked the onboard facilities. You are, however, free to bring an empty 2 liter bottle on board with you. If use becomes necessary please be aware of the passengers around you and aim carefully.
lupine and Kreid33 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.