DEN first class catering issues

Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
At least the new burger is pretty good...
Two Bee likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by 100% Green
anyone been able to get United to waive change fee for a flight connecting through DEN airport to avoid these catering issues?
Anyone with a guess if United will allow this or anything in the rules that may allow a change due to this issue?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Anyone with a guess if United will allow this or anything in the rules that may allow a change due to this issue?
Really, your best bet is to call and ask for a one-time exception. I don't think a catering deficiency, especially when they do offer something, just maybe not what you want, is going to qualify under the Contract of Carriage. A sympathetic agent or supervisor may waive a change fee for you.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Really, your best bet is to call and ask for a one-time exception. I don't think a catering deficiency, especially when they do offer something, just maybe not what you want, is going to qualify under the Contract of Carriage. A sympathetic agent or supervisor may waive a change fee for you.
Well I interestingly just spoke to a very nice agent, who was sympathetic to my hunger. However, when she looked in the system and spoke to a supervisor she was assured that the catering issues were resolved on 10/30, and were only down on 10/28 & 10/29. Besides this thread and the anecdotal evidence within it, is there anywhere that I can have the phone agent look?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Well I interestingly just spoke to a very nice agent, who was sympathetic to my hunger. However, when she looked in the system and spoke to a supervisor she was assured that the catering issues were resolved on 10/30, and were only down on 10/28 & 10/29. Besides this thread and the anecdotal evidence within it, is there anywhere that I can have the phone agent look?
I personally think you are dreaming if you think catering issues should be a valid reason to change flights and avoid DEN. It's frustrating of course, but you have many convenient meal options in the airport, with the side benefit of a quick email to 1K after the flight that will likely benefit you.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I personally think you are dreaming if you think catering issues should be a valid reason to change flights and avoid DEN. It's frustrating of course, but you have many convenient meal options in the airport, with the side benefit of a quick email to 1K after the flight that will likely benefit you.
Oh, it's totally a dream, I agree with you.

I stupidly only have a 50 minute connection. I could pack food, but would rather just change the flight.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Oh, it's totally a dream, I agree with you.

I stupidly only have a 50 minute connection. I could pack food, but would rather just change the flight.
Plenty of time to grab something better in DEN. No, not sit down dining, but something to go will work. Don't misunderstand me, as I think UA has handled this horribly, not unlike other mistakes UA has made over the years. Communication in advance from UA seems to be a 4 letter word for them, and given the posts we see on FT, I would argue proactive communication seems to be a constant problem that has yet to be resolved. Pathetic IMO, but maybe UA catering in DEN is setting the goal to be on PAR with the Denver Broncos.
Two Bee likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Hi, first time poster, long time lurker. Flying F/BizFirst DEN/LHR tomorrow connecting through ORD. DEN/ORD flight lists "breakfast" as the meal, so I called 1K line to ask about catering. Was told the same thing, catering was only an issue on 10/28 & 10/29 and was resolved on 10/30. Will report back on whether the cold cereal or inedible breakfast sandwich was served...
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: AS (MVP), UA (silver), AA, DL, Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by IPLaw
Hi, first time poster, long time lurker. Flying F/BizFirst DEN/LHR tomorrow connecting through ORD. DEN/ORD flight lists "breakfast" as the meal, so I called 1K line to ask about catering. Was told the same thing, catering was only an issue on 10/28 & 10/29 and was resolved on 10/30. Will report back on whether the cold cereal or inedible breakfast sandwich was served...

Welcome, officially, to flyer talk!
Two Bee likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 1MM, DL Gold - 2MM, AA Plat - 2MM
Originally Posted by IPLaw
It is pathetic that they think BoB solves the problem. Apparently that is how much they value the First Class service.
FlyfromDenver and IPLaw like this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by timbre
It is pathetic that they think BoB solves the problem. Apparently that is how much they value the First Class service.
Sitting up front DEN-SFO today in paid F. BoB would be better than the Tuna offerings they are putting out right now. I like Tuna but the smell permeates the cabin and eating out of a packet with a fork just isn't right. I declined the food.
There are so many other, better shelf stable options they could provide.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
12/2/17 KOA-DEN, blocked at 7 1/2 hours. Snack was BoB burger. It was quite good, but to say that "the issue has been resolved" as posted up-thread and attributed to UA CS, is pretty disingenuous. People are paying ($ or miles) value for F class. The least they should expect is a consistent and correct answer to the problem.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by timbre
Agreed. I was offered cold cereal (Cheerios) or a breakfast sandwich this morning to ORD. Opted for the sandwich and it was a Jimmy Dean sausage, egg, and cheese on muffin. Came in the Jimmy Dean wrapper and everything. I'll post pics later. Also ordered a Bloody Mary, and the FA said they still don't have fruit so no lime with the bloody. I asked if they are still having catering issues out of DEN, and she said yes, hence no fruit and the breakfast. Probably going to write to 1KVoice to express my concern with 1K agents not given accurate information about the catering issue, and about my disappointment with the truck stop breakfast in paid F (albeit it was a P fare ).
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Is there a list of outstations which are double-catered from DEN? I'm specifically interested in longer flights where I'm not entirely sure (like OGG - although I guess OGG-DEN is Snack anyway).
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Just got off of UA533 DEN-ORD, lunch options were Uno spinach/cheese pizza or Asiago hamburger. Both came with the French fry type potato chips and Eli's.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.