Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN first class catering issues

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Lunch today from DEN-EWR was either a cheeseburger or a Spinach/Lental "salad". Both are offered with a bag of potato fries (chips) and a piece of Eli's Cheesecake. Not gormet but edible.

Last edited by RobotDoctor; Nov 29, 2017 at 3:55 pm Reason: Misspelling
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: 1K
Sent 1kvoice a picture of my “dinner” earlier this week (cheese tray) and got a Benjamin e-cert. Feel like it was very reasonable compensation.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sexykitten7
My thoughts exactly. I would guess that as pilots these folks might have vouches/discounts to use in person. Otherwise I agree it's a waste of time and they should know better
I dislike having extra apps on my phone. I am willing to take some extra time with a website via mobile browser, though.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: MP 1K, Marriott LTP
I've been communicating with a customer care rep from 1kvoice and she informed me that the kitchen in Denver is back up and running, but not yet at full capacity. Some flights are still unfortunately receiving BOB meals in place of the normal first class food while they work on ramping service back up. They expect the kitchen to be back at full capacity in mid December.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I will believe it is fixed when someone experiences it. IIRC, it was supposed to be fixed a couple of weeks ago. This was never rocket science.
Plane-is-home likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:03 am

UA First Class catering failure

I am on the 12/3 morning flight from DEN to FLL.

The issues with UA catering that started showing up months ago, are still very much still with them.

I was offered Honey Nut Cheerios or a breakfast sandwich that was worse than anything you can find in your grocery store freezer. Awful.

I can appreciate if the catering company company ran into an issue, but it should have been resolved long before now. UA not stepping up to take care of their customers. FA’s just say that they are still having problems and no resolution in sight.

They could have bought F a round of egg McMuffins from Mc’d and handled it better. At least this would have been edible.

And, no, I did not receive any email notice, nor voucher. I’m a premier member, not a peep from them.

They should be ashamed.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Rocky_bruce
I
And, no, I did not receive any email notice, nor voucher. I’m a premier member, not a peep from them.
Be sure to complain via email or the customer care webform. They need to know their passengers notice.
FlyfromDenver likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Mention was made in the Let’s Eat thread of a sandwich made of a large roll with some cheese from an entirely different route. Was yours similar? Was there yogurt, fruit, rolls?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
anyone been able to get United to waive change fee for a flight connecting through DEN airport to avoid these catering issues?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:12 pm

Supposedly the construction will be finished by 12/15 and things should be back up and running fully at that point.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 1MM, DL Gold - 2MM, AA Plat - 2MM
Originally Posted by DENviaLAX
Supposedly the construction will be finished by 12/15 and things should be back up and running fully at that point.
Every construction project that I have been involved with has finished exactly on time. Said no one ever.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by timbre
Every construction project that I have been involved with has finished exactly on time. Said no one ever.
True. Though the original target date was over a week ago, so perhaps the setbacks have already happened?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Just flew from DEN and basically got the Y options

From reading this thread, I guess I should count myself lucky I wasnt offered cereal.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by timbre
I have managed 2 large construction projects this year, and both finished on time and on budget.

It is very possible with competent leadership. United doesn't get a pass on this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
I flew LAX-DEN-ATL on Friday, and had a "lunch" flight to ATL out of DEN, and was served a very tasty burger, with "fries" (like potato sticks in a bag) and a pre-packaged Eli's cheesecake. And I have to say it was one of the best meals I have had on a UA domestic first flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.