Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club Card: Hyatt Discoverist Status NOT working

United Club Card: Hyatt Discoverist Status NOT working

Old Oct 23, 17, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, National Exec. Elite, Hertz Prez Circle
Angry United Club Card: Hyatt Discoverist Status NOT working

Hello all,
I am a United 1K, and got a United MP Club card several months ago. As soon as I received it (On July 28, 2017), I went to this website to request Discoverist status at World of Hyatt: https://www.hyattstatus.mileageplus.com/Account/Login

I got an immediate screen confirmation to wait for 4 weeks. I have waited enough as it is Oct 23rd. I call United, then United Club Card, and then Hyatt, but none can answer what went wrong. Each one finger points the other.

Any suggestions?
Old Oct 23, 17, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by surram View Post
Hello all,
I am a United 1K, and got a United MP Club card several months ago. As soon as I received it (On July 28, 2017), I went to this website to request Discoverist status at World of Hyatt: https://www.hyattstatus.mileageplus.com/Account/Login

I got an immediate screen confirmation to wait for 4 weeks. I have waited enough as it is Oct 23rd. I call United, then United Club Card, and then Hyatt, but none can answer what went wrong. Each one finger points the other.

Any suggestions?
Sounds like a Hyatt issue to me. You might try sending a pm to World of Hyatt Concierge here on FT.
Old Oct 23, 17, 6:05 pm

You have a valid argument, but you will have to bring this up with Hyatt.

United cannot grant you status with Hyatt (And if they could, it would have to go through Hyatt which would take even more time).

I would call Hyatt and blame them outright, sometimes being soft and saying “I’m not sure whose fault it is” will lead to a lazy agent throwing you away by re-directing you.

An example: Sometimes, when my United Silver (earned from Marriott Platinum) doesn’t auto-renew, I have to call United multiple times for them to update. Sometimes they say they are waiting from Marriott, but it never takes longer than the standard 7-10 days.
Old Oct 28, 17, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, National Exec. Elite, Hertz Prez Circle
Thank you! That worked!!

Thank you so much! Contacting them worked. Appreciate it. Flyertalk members are the best. I had spent so many hours chasing different numbers, and different organizations (Chase, United, Hyatt) while a simple PM fixed this in no time. Again, many thanks Kacee!

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Sounds like a Hyatt issue to me. You might try sending a pm to World of Hyatt Concierge here on FT.
Old Dec 31, 17, 8:45 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
how did you PM the Hyatt Concierge

Hi - I'm having the same issue - how can I PM the Hyatt concierge through FT? Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 17, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by deanrader View Post
Hi - I'm having the same issue - how can I PM the Hyatt concierge through FT? Thanks!
You could try the link in my post upthread
Old Dec 31, 17, 9:37 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by deanrader View Post
how can I PM the Hyatt concierge through FT?
Welcome to FT, deanrader!

After you go to the page Kacee linked to, click on "Social Profiles" and you can send a PM from there.
Old Dec 31, 17, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
After you go to the page Kacee linked to, click on "Social Profiles" and you can send a PM from there.
Or just click "send a message" at the left hand side of the page.
Old Dec 31, 17, 9:45 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Or just click "send a message" at the left hand side of the page.
I didn't even notice that link - I thought it was just breadcrumbs. I really wish IB would hire at least one real UI designer.
Old Nov 13, 18, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1K MM (soon to be Gold), Hertz PC
Email received today:

"As a primary Cardmember, you will be able to enjoy Discoverist status in the World of Hyatt® loyalty program¹ until February 29, 2020, but you must register for this Hyatt benefit by December 31, 2018. You will no longer be able to register for this Hyatt benefit after December 31, 2018 "

Also received the "takes 4 weeks" notice.
Old Nov 13, 18, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Disc., HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC
Received the same email this morning. Disappointed to see this benefit disappearing in 2020.
Old Nov 13, 18, 8:58 am

Programs: ua Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Gold, National Executive, Avis First
Originally Posted by narvik View Post
Email received today:

"As a primary Cardmember, you will be able to enjoy Discoverist status in the World of Hyatt® loyalty program¹ until February 29, 2020, but you must register for this Hyatt benefit by December 31, 2018. You will no longer be able to register for this Hyatt benefit after December 31, 2018 "

Also received the "takes 4 weeks" notice.
So, based on this one instance at least, it seems like the benefit is going away.
Old Nov 13, 18, 3:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Mileage Plus Silver
Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
So, based on this one instance at least, it seems like the benefit is going away.
I got the same notice today. I wonder what hotel if any will replace Hyatt.
Old Nov 13, 18, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seat38a View Post
UA is already offering complimentary Gold Elite status with Marriott/Ritz/SPG. I see it in my 1K benefits, looks like it kicks in at the UA Gold level.

The loss of the Hyatt Discoverist status is pretty much a non-event. Discoverist grants you pretty much nothing. I'm sure someone will be along shorty to argue otherwise but it certainly doesn't bother me. You're rewarded better with the WOH Visa card.
Old Nov 13, 18, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by seat38a View Post
Probably Marriott Gold or something equally irrelevant to most people with the UA Club card.

Search this Thread