Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Evolving travel patterns in response to MileagePlus changes

Evolving travel patterns in response to MileagePlus changes

Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:12 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I fly much more paid F (when it's reasonably-priced--the definition of which varies for each person). I hardly ever rely on CPUs any longer. I used to use RPUs on transcons, but honestly, I've had them fail too many times, and now just buy F if at all possible.

International travel patterns haven't changed; I still carefully plan which flights I'll take so as to be able to score a GPU-backed upgrade (or, in limited circumstances, buy paid C--again, has to be "reasonable" as we're talking personal travel, not OPM).

I do feel I take a lot more nonstop flights, given I rarely need the extra PQM or PQS, but that's not entirely a MP-driven change; it's also operational, given the challenges of delays & irrops.
blueman2 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Darlox
Basically, the airlines made it all about money. Well, congratulations guys... it's now all about money, and where I'm going to get the best value from it. And it ain't giving ANY one airline all of my travel budget anymore!
Another +1 here. Since upgrades are pretty much a thing of the past on UA, I tend to fly paid F on whichever airline gets me the best price and best seat. So I went from 95% UA 5 years ago to 30% UA, 50% B6, 20% other.

And I am much happier now flying than I was 5 years go since I do not feel I have to 'settle' for UA just because of their mileage plus program.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.