Wacky First Class Meal Policy - EWR/ORD

Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Wacky First Class Meal Policy - EWR/ORD

I was u/g today on 1062 from Newark to Chicago.

So so let me understand this - I get a packet of crackers in First, but I get 1K free “snack box” in coach?

What kind of stupidity has gripped United now?

Also begs the question why the F cabin passengers weren’t allowed to board at the beginning - told they were “still catering” the F cabin.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:02 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Already being discussed here. Be sure to complain to 1K voice though, its the only way they might actually make some changes.

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Snack boxes are the consolation prize for not getting upgraded.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jimmc66
So so let me understand this - I get a packet of crackers in First, but I get 1K free “snack box” in coach?
If you prefer, they will bring you something from the back.

And please complain to 1kvoice. The new domestic F meal policy is a pathetic joke.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I was u/g today on 1062 from Newark to Chicago.

What kind of stupidity has gripped United now?

Also begs the question why the F cabin passengers weren’t allowed to board at the beginning - told they were “still catering” the F cabin.
Send email to 1KVoice - they have to know our displeasure with this nonsense.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Kacee
If you prefer, they will bring you something from the back.

And please complain to 1kvoice. The new domestic F meal policy is a pathetic joke.
Do you wager one has to actually experience this to complain? I keep ending up on midcons and getting my first choice of a legacy hot meal which is just fine. But if I were ever stiffed with the new cold option, I'd be annoyed. Flying Express on SFO-MSP soon though; curious what they try to serve there..
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
I keep ending up on midcons and getting my first choice of a legacy hot meal which is just fine.
What is this "legacy" hot meal of which you speak? None of the options on my recent SFO-ORD RT were legacy, unless you count the cheeseburger offered for lunch, which used to qualify as a snack, not a meal.

Originally Posted by findark
Do you wager one has to actually experience this to complain?
I don't think you do. The change in policy has been published and anyone who flies UA in domestic F is potentially impacted.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold

They will bring what you want from the back - not sure what the issue is.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Kacee
What is this "legacy" hot meal of which you speak? None of the options on my recent SFO-ORD RT were legacy, unless you count the cheeseburger offered for lunch, which used to qualify as a snack, not a meal.
I've had jambalaya and chicken with grits on my last two midcons, and I think lobster mac and chicken with orzo before that. IME so far, the "hot option" on the new midcon service is identical to one of the meals that went through the system throughout 2016. The only difference in the service in my case was cheesecake or other non-frozen dessert.

I did get stiffed on YVR-SFO recently, but as I had just gotten off FRA-YVR in LH J, was too full to really care.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.