Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SFO Club gt 98 closed - Polaris policy not let me in - but wd let my wife in!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO Club gt 98 closed - Polaris policy not let me in - but wd let my wife in!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:50 am

I was in the SFO departures lounge by G98 a few days ago. it was so crowded, not a single seat. i had to stand at the counter holding the food and ate there standing. liternally not one seat. even the tables area by the food strangers were sharing tables because it was so crowded.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
It is just confusing because they closed the intl terminal SFO club. There are signs at every club advising you were to go. It clearly states that if your intl, you should goto the GFL in the intl terminal. HOWEVER, they will only let you in if you are in DEPARTING and in J. They were turning away people who were *G or arriving from J and sending them to the other UA clubs. It sort of makes sense because usually if you are in the intl terminal, you'd be departing. I guess they are restricting to J only since the GFL is small. It does however screw over any *G flying in Y. They should have tried to do a pop-up lounge like in EWR. EWR was worse, there was no sign at all. I had to pull up the app to figure out where the popup lounge. Still, not even a bathroom.

Many people connect to SFO, so they would not know til they arrived at the intl terminal club and saw the sign, then went on to the GFL only to be told they have to walk all the way back to the other terminal in order to use a lounge. I do feel sorry for *G people in Y these days flying intl on UA or people paying for a membership. So many airports now where due to construction and poor planning, the nearest *G lounge is in another terminal.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by eng3
It is just confusing because they closed the intl terminal SFO club. There are signs at every club advising you were to go. It clearly states that if your intl, you should goto the GFL in the intl terminal.
No, it doesn't.

There a photo of the sign in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28887115-post293.html and as you can see it clearly says that lounge is "Available to United and Star Alliance International long-haul first and business class customers"

Originally Posted by eng3
They should have tried to do a pop-up lounge like in EWR. EWR was worse, there was no sign at all.
They did. It's opposite gate 71A. I'm presuming there was no space available in the international terminal to do one there.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As there is a thread on the SFO lounge situation,will close this thread and direct folks to the existing thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.