Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Passenger suing UA for being peed upon by fellow seatmate who was drunk.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/1...it-claims.html
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
This situation illustrates another advantage of Polaris seating with direct aisle egress.

I was once on a flight where a slightly less drunk pax whipped it out and peed into an airsickness bag, during taxi and takeoff. The bag was then passed over to the FA during routine trash collection.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Can someone explain to me why the person is suing UA? The article says for Breach of CoC. UA has the to 'remove someone who appears to be intoxicated'. However, yeah, of course he was intoxicated after he peed on another passenger, duh. Another statement: "Card believes law enforcement intervention would not have happened if his father, whom he called to inform of the incident, had not alerted them." Um, yeah, not saying he's wrong, but we often want to believe what we want to believe (myself included), so not sure if he's right or not in this statement.

Ok, but seriously, what gives him the right to sue UA?

#humor I mean, if you read previous threads, UA throws out passengers for sleeping before take off, so OF COURSE they'd notice he had drunken too much and kick him off as well.

#logic If I'm in an Uberpool, and a fellow passengers throws up, does this mean I can sue Uber? Of course not? I just don't see the connection...
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Can someone explain to me why the person is suing UA? The article says for Breach of CoC. UA has the to 'remove someone who appears to be intoxicated'. However, yeah, of course he was intoxicated after he peed on another passenger, duh. Another statement: "Card believes law enforcement intervention would not have happened if his father, whom he called to inform of the incident, had not alerted them." Um, yeah, not saying he's wrong, but we often want to believe what we want to believe (myself included), so not sure if he's right or not in this statement.

Ok, but seriously, what gives him the right to sue UA?

#humor I mean, if you read previous threads, UA throws out passengers for sleeping before take off, so OF COURSE they'd notice he had drunken too much and kick him off as well.

#logic If I'm in an Uberpool, and a fellow passengers throws up, does this mean I can sue Uber? Of course not? I just don't see the connection...
I guess UA went the opposite way from earlier times. Before they would not let a drunk board, guess now they are following their new policy of they won't deny anyone boarding who has a ticket and a seat.

But yes, UA let the, according to the article, obviously inebriated person board against the COC so they are partially liable. Of course they should also sue the person who got drunk, peed on them and doesn't remember anything about the flight because they passed out.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium
Sorry for partying?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
This is a stupid post and captures stupidity on multiple levels. What's next- breathalyzer before entry?

Sure wish everyone would take ownership... again, I feel sorry for whoever tries to pee while sitting next to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.