Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same day change and CPU

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Same day change and CPU

After SDC - can the person be added to the CPU list (assuming there are still available seats, of course)? Or is upgrade list finalized before the last 24 hours? (Apologies if this is a trivial question, but I never had to SDC on a domestic flight before)
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Yes it should upgrade request automatic. Happened to me last time

Last edited by pviri; Oct 20, 2017 at 2:49 am
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yes, you are added to the CPU and gate lists just as if you had bought a ticket right then and checked it in.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Not only have I done this, I've done this and cleared.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
SDC has no impact on CPU, it's just like any other time you confirm on a CPU eligible flight. You'll be added to the gate standby list as soon as you check in.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
A note, just for complete clarification - if you SDC when you have already been CPU'd, you will be going back to Y and will be on the list for the new flight - you can't keep your upgraded seat, even if R is available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.