Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion/issues of mystatus.united.com (status tracker)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion/issues of mystatus.united.com (status tracker)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GREENCAL
Future Flight show, less PQD, PQM, PQS
If you are sure your numbers are, ignore the issue. Nothing to do now. This thread will provide examples of how this tracker goes wrong. The tracker can work well for many but it clearly still has issues. The personal spreadsheet is still the preferred approach.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
I'm a little confused about the PQD display on the Mystatus page, and the assertion that once you exceed $12,000, it no longer shows your actual PQD. My wife's Mystatus page (current GS status) shows "PQD $21,xxx of $12,000" and "PQM 75,xxx of 100,000". Her "Future Flights" page also displays her exact YTD PQM and PQD and displays year-end projections of 153,xxx PQM and $48,xxx PQM. So people's experience is that once she exceeds 100,000 PQM and qualifies as 1K, these pages will no longer show her actual PQD?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by physioprof
...So people's experience is that once she exceeds 100,000 PQM and qualifies as 1K, these pages will no longer show her actual PQD?
Yes, the present display disappears and it switches to new goals - 125K for additional RPUs, 150K for more GPUs& RPUs, etcetera
Multiple reports up thread about this for this year and it has done this in previous years.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes, the present display disappears and it switches to new goals - 125K for additional RPUs, 150K for more GPUs& RPUs, etcetera
Multiple reports up thread about this for this year and it has done this in previous years.
Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:06 pm

I finally got around to checking this and comparing it to my spreadsheet. It looks like PQM's are spot on, even including the 500 PQM minimums. The PQD is slightly off by $50.

That's probably related to a different issue I've been seeing with regards to the PQD amounts shown in different places. My discrepancy comes from one PNR. There are four different
places where I can check the earnings, and all four show a different number

- On the eticket, it shows one amount A (just airfare, apparently missing a fuel surcharge).
- At the booking page it shows amount B (which I presume to be the correct amount)
- On the "View trip" page on the UA website, it shows amount B
- In the app, viewing the PNR-> "Accruals for this trip", it shows amount C, which is $50 less than amount B

If I use amount B in my spreadsheet then it matches the Future Flights tool. It's just funny that the app and future flight tool are pulling data in one way (albeit incorrectly), while the view trip
page works correctly and the eticket is just utterly broken
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Anyone else get the happy anniversary message when logging in yet??

EDIT: nevermind- found it in a post above. Still neat.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by onthesam
Anyone else get the happy anniversary message when logging in yet??

EDIT: nevermind- found it in a post above. Still neat.
Nope - just you. Congratulations!

And, as a FYI, here's what I get:

David
onthesam likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by onthesam
Anyone else get the happy anniversary message when logging in yet?? ... .
See MileagePlus Membership Happy Anniversary Messages
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:47 am

MyStatus future forecaster changing values

back in November, i had a few trips planned for the rest of the year, that according to the future forcaster, would put me at 75,500-76,500 milee....giving me platinum status (currently 1k)

now that ive flown a few of those trips (havent adjusted my flights since then), I checked the forecaster again right now, and the future flights come out to 74,992 miles

2 questions:
1) what could have changed to cause it to drop? nothing was changed in my itinerary
2) if i end the year short 8 miles...is there anything i can do without having to fly a cheap flight?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The onus is on you to check your flights and make sure you got/get the correct PQD/PQM credits for each one.

This statement basically says you shouldn't rely on the status tracker: "United reserves the right to correct any misstatements, miscalculations, misdesignations and any other errors shown or displayed on the Premier status tracker site, and to make any such corrections at any time and without notice."

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Dec 7, 2018 at 12:09 pm
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by carzaddict
back in November, i had a few trips planned for the rest of the year, that according to the future forcaster, would put me at 75,500-76,500 milee....giving me platinum status (currently 1k)

now that ive flown a few of those trips (havent adjusted my flights since then), I checked the forecaster again right now, and the future flights come out to 74,992 miles

2 questions:
1) what could have changed to cause it to drop? nothing was changed in my itinerary
2) if i end the year short 8 miles...is there anything i can do without having to fly a cheap flight?
Re #2 :

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2018 for Elite Status in 2019"
Will UA Grant 2019 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/PQD Short of Qualifying in 2018?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Hello united brains

any idea when this feature will be up and running again I burned through 6 of my 8 GPU already and need to see if I am close with the pqm to get some more , I don’t have a spread sheet as I usually am over the 1k but now I need them before I book more tickets , saving 2 for an emergency if needed

Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Jimmie Jet
any idea when this feature will be up and running again ....
There is not a lot of history to go by as this feature is been around less than 18 months.
But in 2018 it did not return until late February. If I had to guess, I would not expect before the status rollover on 1 February.
Jimmie Jet likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
The MyStatus site seems to be handled by a different Web group, based on continued errors on the site. For example, it's still showing the $12,000 PQM requirement for 1K (as opposed to the $15,000 PQM requirement clearly shown in several places on UA.com).
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
The MyStatus site seems to be handled by a different Web group, based on continued errors on the site. For example, it's still showing the $12,000 PQM requirement for 1K (as opposed to the $15,000 PQM requirement clearly shown in several places on UA.com).
I saw that as well, but wasn't sure of the terminology...thought maybe this chart was for earning status for 2019, and not during 2019.
Agree it should be better, either way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.