Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion/issues of mystatus.united.com (status tracker)

Discussion/issues of mystatus.united.com (status tracker)

Old Jan 5, 20, 12:44 pm
  #301  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 9,465
This feature comes and goes as they update things on the website. For me it has been gone for a month or so already. Probably it will come back some time later this year.
fumje is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 1:15 pm
  #302  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: YVR
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 909
I find it easier to track those manually. Partner flights don't show up on future trackers.
kevflyer is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 2:39 pm
  #303  
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 61,988
Originally Posted by Mulatto View Post
Has this been discussed and I missed it? Has United permanently eliminated the Future Flights premier status tracker feature showing your future accrued PQP and PQF (for 2020) based on your booked flights? ...
In past years it has been common for much of January the mystatus site is not fully functiontionally. At this point I would not read anything into this common situation.
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 3:13 pm
  #304  
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 681
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
I tried the same method you described and it appears the "Track Your..." link only describes the benefits you earn for your status and the welcome letter from Oscar. Using the link from WineCountryUA, which is what I always use for seeing upcoming earnings, works without issue.
Must be just me. I stopped using the direct mystatus link because, upon login, it tries to download a file. As in the screenshot below.


planes&trains is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 3:21 pm
  #305  
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 61,988
The "Track your Premier status" is a redirect to https://mystatus.united.com/
and also works for me (today)
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 10:08 pm
  #306  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: IAH / HOU
Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, WN A-List, Hilto Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Posts: 2,823
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
The "Track your Premier status" is a redirect to https://mystatus.united.com/
and also works for me (today)
Works for me also.
Air Houston is offline  
Old Jan 6, 20, 1:13 pm
  #307  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
In past years it has been common for much of January the mystatus site is not fully functiontionally. At this point I would not read anything into this common situation.
Originally Posted by kevflyer View Post
I find it easier to track those manually. Partner flights don't show up on future trackers.
Originally Posted by fumje View Post
This feature comes and goes as they update things on the website. For me it has been gone for a month or so already. Probably it will come back some time later this year.
Thanks
Mulatto is offline  
Old Jan 7, 20, 11:17 pm
  #308  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: USA
Programs: UA, SWA, WJA, National, Marriott
Posts: 39
I used to have a nice future flight/mileage/status tracker in my accounts "premier progress" page. Upon hitting 1k last year, it disappeared, but it's still missing now that we are in 2020. Is this feature not yet implemented with 2020's PQP change?
Flying Machine likes this.
mcflytfc is offline  
Old Jan 7, 20, 11:55 pm
  #309  
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 61,988
Originally Posted by mcflytfc View Post
I used to have a nice future flight/mileage/status tracker in my accounts "premier progress" page. Upon hitting 1k last year, it disappeared, but it's still missing now that we are in 2020. Is this feature not yet implemented with 2020's PQP change?
A number of folks have asked why the tracker is missing, this is my thoughts in response to an earlier poster
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
In past years it has been common for much of January the mystatus site is not fully functiontionally. At this point I would not read anything into this common situation.
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old Jan 12, 20, 11:18 am
  #310  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,373
I have a question related to mystatus.united.com -- I see these two statements and I'm not sure what to make of it.
This status is effective February 1, 2020.
Your current Premier 1K status and benefits are valid through January 31, 2020.


What is "This status"?
izzik is offline  
Old Jan 12, 20, 1:10 pm
  #311  
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 61,988
Did you requalify for 1K for 2020?

If you are dropping a status level, that will take effect of 1 Feb
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old Jan 12, 20, 8:26 pm
  #312  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,373
Nevermind...

Last edited by izzik; Jan 13, 20 at 6:48 am
izzik is offline  
Old Jan 16, 20, 9:18 pm
  #313  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: seat 9A
Programs: UA 1K, Flying Blue Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriot Plat (TWA / NWA - million miler)
Posts: 54
new earning program ... tracking my progress

The old feature of looking at the tracking progress with future flights is gone. Given the program changes, that feature would be more useful now as the new earning rules seem a little unclear. I book a couple of tickets recently and "tax" portion of the ticket was nearly 30% on a D class ticket. Seems like a good way to not count your points / dollars as a scam rather than truely collected taxes on the route? seems strange.
Z Man is offline  
Old Jan 16, 20, 9:27 pm
  #314  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AVP & PEK
Programs: UA 1K 1.7MM, AVIS PC
Posts: 4,865
Originally Posted by Z Man View Post
I book a couple of tickets recently and "tax" portion of the ticket was nearly 30% on a D class ticket. Seems like a good way to not count your points / dollars as a scam rather than truely collected taxes on the route? seems strange.
United is artificially inflating the tax portion of the fare to avoid crediting PQD?

Seems a little farfetched.
narvik is offline  
Old Jan 16, 20, 9:28 pm
  #315  
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 61,988
Originally Posted by Z Man View Post
The old feature of looking at the tracking progress with future flights is gone. Given the program changes, that feature would be more useful now as the new earning rules seem a little unclear. ...
No usually for that site not to be fully working for much of January and it may take longer this time

Originally Posted by Z Man View Post
I book a couple of tickets recently and "tax" portion of the ticket was nearly 30% on a D class ticket. Seems like a good way to not count your points / dollars as a scam rather than truely collected taxes on the route? seems strange.
Suspect you are mis-reading the "tax" total, have never seen a business fare, let alone a D fare, have that high of taxes. What does the PQP earnings on the receipt state?
WineCountryUA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread