Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA or Cathay Pacific to HKG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by doogie04
A little OT, but wasn't UA flying 3 class planes with some of the 2-4-2 setup from EWR to HKG? Swore I flew through HKG on my way to SIN in September and it was 2-4-2. Am I mis remembering or did route/planes change?
HKG-SIN has been operated by the 3-class 772. EWR-HKG is the 2-class sCO aircraft.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by doogie04
A little OT, but wasn't UA flying 3 class planes with some of the 2-4-2 setup from EWR to HKG? Swore I flew through HKG on my way to SIN in September and it was 2-4-2. Am I mis remembering or did route/planes change?
Never had UA used 3 class planes with 2-4-2 for EWR-HKG as this was and still is a sCO route with sCO plane with sCO crew. sCO and 3 class and 2-4-2 dont match.

HKG-SIN however is 3 class 2-4-2 as that is sUA.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:35 am

EWR to HKG should be on an A350 on CX starting at the end of this month or beginning in November.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
If by "agents" you mean flight attendants, they don't.
i do indeed mean flight attendants... sorry for the misappropriation there.

well, all i can tell you is that the bathrooms are somehow magically cleaned during the flight... and i doubt the passengers are doing it. i can only relate my personal experience, of course, and YMMV, but i'm on this fight 4X or 5X a year and i can't remember a single time when the bathroom has been in disarray.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by mobile19
EWR to HKG should be on an A350 on CX starting at the end of this month or beginning in November.
If so, then take that ride. It is a great plane, you will have a much better flight than on the UA 772, and that is not counting the better seat on CX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.