Best Polaris experience PHX>NRT using MP

Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Best Polaris experience PHX>NRT using MP

What route is the best route/equipment to try Polaris from PHX>Tokyo using United miles this Oct or Nov? It looks like SFO to NRT is the only obvious route.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Polaris with the new seats is still very limited. 777-300ER is your best bet right now. I think there is one 767 in service right now with Polaris seats.

SFO-NRT is pretty much your only bet for the new seats. Only other options would be SFO-HKG or SFO-TPE and fly ANA up. Only ORD has new Polaris lounge right now and I'm not sure PHX-ORD-SFO-Asia even works for your trip.

I'd just go ahead and do PHX-SFO-NRT. Unless you want to try ANA from HKG or TPE and spend a night in one of those places. Not sure why you'd want to do that though, I wouldn't.

Your options are limited and best bet is SFO-NRT. Good luck.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Fly NH J (or F if you have the miles) on one leg.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
As one who flew the new Polaris route, HKG-SFO in J the first few days it was open, I honestly wouldn't go out of my way for it. Fly a good Asian or ME carrier, and you'll have a much better experience.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:27 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I like the 787 product a lot, too, especially if you're traveling in pairs. Route via LAX for more reliability schedule-wise (SFO can be a crapshoot). New UA LAX lounge, while not a Polaris product, is quite nice and bright. Wonderful outdoor patio space to grab some Jet-A-infused fresh air, too.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dll
...Route via LAX for more reliability schedule-wise (SFO can be a crapshoot). New UA LAX lounge, while not a Polaris product, is quite nice and bright. Wonderful outdoor patio space to grab some Jet-A-infused fresh air, too.
SFO lounge situation sounds abysmal for the next year or so. LAX also has the nice *A lounge at TBIT - a nice walk to stretch the legs.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Centurion
What route is the best route/equipment to try Polaris from PHX>Tokyo using United miles this Oct or Nov? It looks like SFO to NRT is the only obvious route.
PHX-SFO-NRT is the pretty much the only choice if you want the Polaris seats. Book it before the devaluation hits!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
PHX-SFO-NRT is the pretty much the only choice if you want the Polaris seats. Book it before the devaluation hits!
+1
I wouldn't do any other routing on UA metal.

Note that if you have access to NH miles (AMEX transfer partner), their roundtrip US-Japan is an exceptional value at 95K miles.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
If you don't mind a long layover, I think I'd rather do PHX-LAX-HND on UA/ANA.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
PHX-ORD-NRT on ANA is also an option, same for IAH as well
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:40 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
do eva or nh. seriously you'd forgo those 2 for ua? ua is serving sorbet sundaes right now for chrissakes. SORBET. SUNDAES.

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
SFO lounge situation sounds abysmal for the next year or so. LAX also has the nice *A lounge at TBIT - a nice walk to stretch the legs.
yes the sfo eva lounge is closing in a few months (per lounge agent) and the sfo sq lounge is really sad. but good food. is t7 now connected airside to tbit? i know 6 has been connected for a while.

Originally Posted by 764toHI
If you don't mind a long layover, I think I'd rather do PHX-LAX-HND on UA/ANA.
hnd the best if your intention is to hit up tokyo
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
PHX-ORD-NRT on ANA is also an option, same for IAH as well
I did IAH->NRT a few months ago. While it did not have Polaris Seats, the Polaris service and food were exceptional.

Cheers,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.