Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Barely meeting 1K criteria--how close are others?

Barely meeting 1K criteria--how close are others?

Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by eng3
Try booking ORD-MKE or something very short. Last time I tried, it offered me 2000PQM for $250
Except I'd actually have to get to ORD to do that flight. I'll be making a run out of NY where I'll be at the end of December. However, I think a trip to BKK just came up for me from SIN so I'll do that on SQ or TG and earn the extra PQM I need to get me over the 1K hump. Hopefully that trip confirms so I don't have to spend my own money doing a MR out of NYC

-RM
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JAaronT
If everything goes as planned, I'll wind up with 116,400 PQMs and 12,033 PQDs. If I went by what the website says, I'd end up with 11,999 PQDs but I'm pretty sure one is wrong because the receipt shows more and is in line with what I paid.
Work trips got moved around so I had to book a PQD run to Vegas and will end up with 12,072 PQDs
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Except I'd actually have to get to ORD to do that flight. I'll be making a run out of NY where I'll be at the end of December. However, I think a trip to BKK just came up for me from SIN so I'll do that on SQ or TG and earn the extra PQM I need to get me over the 1K hump. Hopefully that trip confirms so I don't have to spend my own money doing a MR out of NYC

-RM
In case you still need to fly out of NYC to make the numbers, try EWR-DCA. Certain flights cost about $51 each way a couple of months ago.
Not sure about December pricing.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, BonVoy Lifetime Titanium
Smile

I Met 1K PQM back in July. Was $4K shy of $12K PQD but had several peronal trips to Asia planned . Mostly use Cheap Coach fares out of PDX then pay Biz on the trip back to be rested. RT usually comes in around $2300-$2800 so took 2 trips to meet PQD on my own dime. Corporate travel usually gets me there on both PQM/PQD but not in 2017. I'll be pulling a couple more corp trips next year so hopefully will be better. Currently burning some award miles and enjoying the holiday in HK.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I drastically slowed down my travels once I knew 1K was in the bag - staying at customer location on weekends instead of coming home due to a variety of other factors (work need to not lose 2 travel days, exploring a nice region on weekends, weather, etc.) Now I start to worry about 2018/2019's status
Old Nov 23, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
101,006 PQM, $14k PQD (but exempt) Wasn't planned that way, but I got confirmed R space and bought W on my last transpac in Dec
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K3M, Marriott(SPG) Lifetime Plat
I will end up with just over 200K PQMs and 12,080 PQDs.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: UA-1K 3MM, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium Life Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Departing IAD Nov 28th for Asia on a P fare to finish up this year's 1K requirement. Then in January I will hit 3 Million and won't have to worry about re-qualifying anymore.YTD Premier qualifying miles:123,525YTD Premier qualifying segments:39YTD Premier qualifying dollars:modal window popup$8,7894 flight segment minimum:modal window popup4 of 4Lifetime flight miles:2,965,143
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I will make 1K for the first time by the skin of my teeth on December 31 with PQM 100,813 / PQD $13,923 if my calculations are correct. However, I am incredibly skeptical because I booked my final flight for New Year's Eve to Rome on AC premium economy via a vacation package on Travelocity (majority of my travel is leisure with 2-3 work conferences/yr). I can't shake the feeling that my calculations for PQM will be off or my earnings won't fully credit because of Travelocity booking, even though the ticketed fare codes are N (prem econ) and B (initial leg of flight). We shall see!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA 2MM
I have made PQDs but based on current travel will still be about 5,000 short on PQMs. I will be looking for a way to pick up those PQMs from DC between Dec 15 and Dec 31. Since award accelerator seems to be stuck on .25 per mile, looks like BIS is the better way for me to get there. f anyone sees any great deals from DC at the end of the year, please speak up.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by leler85
I will make 1K for the first time by the skin of my teeth on December 31 with PQM 100,813 / PQD $13,923 if my calculations are correct. However, I am incredibly skeptical because I booked my final flight for New Year's Eve to Rome on AC premium economy via a vacation package on Travelocity (majority of my travel is leisure with 2-3 work conferences/yr). I can't shake the feeling that my calculations for PQM will be off or my earnings won't fully credit because of Travelocity booking, even though the ticketed fare codes are N (prem econ) and B (initial leg of flight). We shall see!
Quick question: Do flights booked on travelocity earn PQD? They're not coded as Bulk?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by 02BNFR
I have made PQDs but based on current travel will still be about 5,000 short on PQMs. I will be looking for a way to pick up those PQMs from DC between Dec 15 and Dec 31. Since award accelerator seems to be stuck on .25 per mile, looks like BIS is the better way for me to get there. f anyone sees any great deals from DC at the end of the year, please speak up.
Would you prefer a longer roundtrip? (DC -> West coast, 12 hours flying time) or purchasing a P/Z fare (shorter flying time, but more $$$)
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA
I think by the end of the year my account will be 146K PQM and 11.9K PQD. Exempted. Luckily.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
I'll hit both marks on Monday, and wa going to be done for the year, but a SFO-NRT just came up in mid-December so I'll have icing on the cake.......
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
On November 16, I flew LAS-SFO-PDX, landing me at what I expected would be roughly 98800 PQM. Due to some maintenance issues and rebooking into Y earlier that trip, combined with me accidentally booking 2 work tickets on my Chase United card, I somehow showed 100065. 1K earlier than expected, and before 2 more planned trips PDX-SFO in December.

Fast forward 2 weeks. Company restructures, job is eliminated. Goodbye 2 remaining trips (and travel next year but thats another story) that were assumed to be necessary for status -- but luckily at 100065, 1K is secured.

I may not get much use out of the status, but I'm happy to have made it through by the skin of my teeth.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.