Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines (TK) award booking experiences using United miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2021, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Seat selection: As of July 2021, TK’s website does not allow pax to manage award bookings made through United. Even if you enter the separate TK PNR provided by United, the website returns an error.

However, the TK app will work using your ticket number(s) and passenger surname(s). Make certain there are no trailing spaces in either field, as the app will error out. Don’t bother with the PNR; the app demands ticket numbers to authenticate even if you start with the PNR.
Print Wikipost

Turkish Airlines (TK) award booking experiences using United miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2020, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by seanp7
Try LH, which is full service at the moment. TK still has the boxed meals and crappy single serve wine, which look very disappointing.
Yes, but the LH hard product is awful in J
Old Oct 18, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
Normally I'd agree but when loads are at ~30% and there's more space, it's better than "awful" right now, IMO.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
huh, the service and food are orders and magnitudes better than UA any day. The seat one can argue is not as good, but for daytime flights perfectly fine.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 7:41 pm

Huh?
Old Oct 18, 2020, 7:50 pm

Beyond the footsie footwell even?
Old Dec 25, 2020, 1:32 pm

Seat selection - Turkish airlines

Thinking of an award economy ticket RDU-IST in late Sep 2022. They don't publish the seat map. Will I be able to get seats before the flight? How? Is there a seat map?
Old Dec 25, 2020, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by zitsky
Thinking of an award economy ticket RDU-IST in late Sep 2022. They don't publish the seat map. Will I be able to get seats before the flight? How? Is there a seat map?
You will need to call Turkish Airlines directly for seat assignments. TK just started charging for seat assignments as well.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by ual744777sta
You will need to call Turkish Airlines directly for seat assignments. TK just started charging for seat assignments as well.
I suppose I can just look at TK website and match up times or flight numbers to see seat maps. Then call for assignment.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 1:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Thinking of an award economy ticket RDU-IST in late Sep 2022. They don't publish the seat map. ...
Partner seatmaps are not available on united.com while making an award booking (there have been some tests in the past)
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Partner seatmaps are not available on united.com while making an award booking (there have been some tests in the past)
If I call Tk will they assign a seat without too much trouble? Will I have to watch it like a hawk?
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
If I call Tk will they assign a seat without too much trouble? Will I have to watch it like a hawk?
Seat selection on Turkish Airlines flights is now paid so you would need to pay for your seat if you prefer to choose it before online check-in where it becomes free of charge.
You could do this online on the TK website after booking your award with UA or you could call TK.

By the way, TK hasn't released their 2022 schedules so it's also impossible to book a RDU-IST award for September 2022 at the moment. I assume that you meant September 2021.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Seat selection on Turkish Airlines flights is now paid so you would need to pay for your seat if you prefer to choose it before online check-in where it becomes free of charge.
You could do this online on the TK website after booking your award with UA or you could call TK.

By the way, TK hasn't released their 2022 schedules so it's also impossible to book a RDU-IST award for September 2022 at the moment. I assume that you meant September 2021.
Thanks. No schedule for 2022 yet. I was using 2021 as a guide. Don't expect the same schedule next year.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by malgudi
Huh?
LH doesn't have as single aircraft offering 1x2x1 configuration in J and the current J seats are pretty bad compared to other carriers'
Old Dec 26, 2020, 8:40 am

Strange experience on TK website. Never gave them an email address that I recall. This AM my partner gets an email with my name on it, from TK. He unsubscribed.

I might have used auto fill on one page when doing a test booking. But I'm not sure. I never knowingly signed up.

On TK website looking at seat maps, trying to find a seat it says... no suitable seat available in a test booking. Why is that? I can't imagine the plane is full. Looking at late Sept? I guess I'll just call in.

Last edited by zitsky; Dec 26, 2020 at 9:39 am
Old Dec 26, 2020, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On TK website looking at seat maps, trying to find a seat it says... no suitable seat available in a test booking. Why is that? I can't imagine the plane is full. Looking at late Sept? I guess I'll just call in.
TK is the champion of equipment changes and extremely inconsistent seat maps so maybe they are getting ready to make a change

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.