Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Old May 8, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by delpiero223
It was a long way, but finally received my Gold card today in Germany

1) January 29th: Requested card via e-mail (in German)
2) February 5th: German support answered, the card has been ordered for me
3) April 5th: Requested the card again (in German) because it has not been delivered yet
4) April 9th: Support (German) answered, that Gold Cards are no longer issued
Not the answer I hoped for, so:
5) April 10th: E-Mail to the US service center asking for a Gold card
6) April 10th: US Support anwers, the card has been requested and should be delivered within 6 weeks
7) May 8th: Finally received the card

Looks like I just have to do the Platinum this year to avoid these issues.
Maybe you'll be jinxing the Platinums and next year they will not send a card to them.......
Old May 8, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Maybe you'll be jinxing the Platinums and next year they will not send a card to them.......
Probably they're cutting one level per year

2018: no more cards for Gold
2019: no more cards for Plat
2020: no more cards for 1K
2021: Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Last edited by delpiero223; May 8, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Just as a data point -

Platinum Kit showed up in my mailbox a few days ago, about a month after I qualified. Status tracker changed to "pending" a couple of weeks ago (and remains so)
I'm based in Japan, and it was sent from a Japanese address.

The tracker also showed "shipped" for my Silver and Gold kits at some point in the past 6 months, but those two envelopes are nowhere to be seen.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hokiebuy
How reliably are the Premier Kits shipped to foreign addresses?
(replying to old post because I just saw it)

It primarily depends upon the country's mail system. China was sort of difficult, Canada was no problem.
hokiebuy likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
My 2018 Premier Gold MM Kit has finally arrived.
Yes, that late.

I am a pre-Continental merger United 1MM - long before the actual merger.

I had an extra surprise added to the delay. There was no physical Premier Gold 1MM card inside the package, only a cheap looking baggage tag. No more leather baggage tag like before, and a note about a "digital" card we can download on the Mileage Plus web page.

I am not sure what's going on. Is there a way to recuperate a physical card? Was it just missing in my kit pack?

Is there a non 1-800 land line phone number I can call to have them send me a physical card?

Somebody please enlighten me on this.

I no longer recognize the United Airlines I knew in the old days so I am giving them back the change by not flying with them. It seems they really don't care about us old United geeks anymore.

Last edited by CDG1; Jun 29, 2018 at 4:50 am
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:52 am
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CDG1
My 2018 Premier Gold MM Kit has finally arrived.
Yes, that late.

I am a pre-Continental merger United 1MM - long before the actual merger.

I had an extra surprise added to the delay. There was no physical Premier Gold 1MM card inside the package, only a cheap looking baggage tag. No more leather baggage tag like before, and a note about a "digital" card we can download on the Mileage Plus web page.

I am not sure what's going on. Is there a way to recuperate a physical card? Was it just missing in my kit pack?

Is there a non 1-800 land line phone number I can call to have them send me a physical card?

Somebody please enlighten me on this.

I no longer recognize the United Airlines I knew in the old days so I am giving them back the change by not flying with them. It seems they really don't care about us old United geeks anymore.

you can reach United @ +1-312-364-1989.

United changed its policies this year for Gold members by not sending them a physical card. You can call Customer service and request a physical card and they will send it to you. It might take a little effort to convince the agent that you really need the card. it takes 4-6 weeks to get the card (in the US).
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Originally Posted by washingtonian_2017
you can reach United @ +1-312-364-1989.

United changed its policies this year for Gold members by not sending them a physical card. You can call Customer service and request a physical card and they will send it to you. It might take a little effort to convince the agent that you really need the card. it takes 4-6 weeks to get the card (in the US).
Thank you very much for your help providing a phone number we can call from outside the US.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDG1
Thank you very much for your help providing a phone number we can call from outside the US.
It is possible to use the toll free # from international locations using an AT&T access numbers. I got a card in my 1K kit with instructions.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I they no longer send out Gold cards, does this become an issue for lounge access?

My parents are Gold and recently had issues getting in Rome. The BP was not sufficient. They found an old expired card that they accepted. They pointed out they needed the FF# on the card yet would not accept the FF# printed on the BP. Maybe the BP no longer has the FF#?

I told them they should request a card from UA. They told me UA told them to use the digital one on the app or print one.
Do partner lounges accept these now? I had heard that some lounges did not in the past.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by eng3
I they no longer send out Gold cards, does this become an issue for lounge access?

My parents are Gold and recently had issues getting in Rome. The BP was not sufficient. They found an old expired card that they accepted. They pointed out they needed the FF# on the card yet would not accept the FF# printed on the BP. Maybe the BP no longer has the FF#?

I told them they should request a card from UA. They told me UA told them to use the digital one on the app or print one.
Do partner lounges accept these now? I had heard that some lounges did not in the past.
Shouldn't be an issue for lounge access, your BP should say *G on it somewhere, given that you have your FF on the ticket. If not just show your digital card.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by erickliu
Shouldn't be an issue for lounge access, your BP should say *G on it somewhere, given that you have your FF on the ticket. If not just show your digital card.
If it was that easy, we would not have to read stories about passengers having difficulties getting lounge access. LH lounges in FRA and MUC are notorious for making it difficult to access the Senator's lounges. And if they can stop you from accessing it, they want the real card, not the digital one to correct their mistake.
abaheti likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA MP
If it was that easy, we would not have to read stories about passengers having difficulties getting lounge access. LH lounges in FRA and MUC are notorious for making it difficult to access the Senator's lounges. And if they can stop you from accessing it, they want the real card, not the digital one to correct their mistake.
Everything I said was theoretical with policy. Some lounge agents just want to make it difficult.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
Is United still shipping kits if you've get a new status level mid year? I hit gold around the 4th or 5th of August, and the status.united site only mentions a digital card.

Congratulations on reaching Premier Gold status. Your digital card is now available on the United app.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, LH FT, Marriott Plat, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PPlus
Originally Posted by flandery
Is United still shipping kits if you've get a new status level mid year? I hit gold around the 4th or 5th of August, and the status.united site only mentions a digital card.
I suppose so, I re-qualified for Plat late August and the website said:

Your kit status:

Pending

While your Premier Platinum membership materials are processed, download the United app for instant access to your digital card. Tap the card to view important phone numbers.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
I was just in FRA and MUC last month and that wasn't my experience - all I needed was my boarding pass. I even guested a friend traveling with me on a separate UA flight in FRA. The agent said "You're not on the same flight." I replied "Correct, is that a problem?" "Nope - go on in".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.