Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Jackstay
Re-qualified as a 1K on December 28th. GPUs and RPUs for 2018 were deposited promptly. 1K kit including 1K cards, coasters, and baggage tags arrived for myself and my MM designee on January 31st. Nice package.

Yesterday I received a blue envelope containing congratulations on achieving Platinum status and Platinum cards for the two of us. I checked my account and it still shows me as a 1K and the GPUs are still there. No additional RPUs were deposited.

I have to say that the Platinum card design looks better than the 1K design, but not enough better to forego 1K.
Lucky you! It means you got more drink coupons.
drewguy likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/Million Miler, AA Platinum, Starwood Preferred Gold, Marriot Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Jackstay
Re-qualified as a 1K on December 28th. GPUs and RPUs for 2018 were deposited promptly. 1K kit including 1K cards, coasters, and baggage tags arrived for myself and my MM designee on January 31st. Nice package.

Yesterday I received a blue envelope containing congratulations on achieving Platinum status and Platinum cards for the two of us. I checked my account and it still shows me as a 1K and the GPUs are still there. No additional RPUs were deposited.

I have to say that the Platinum card design looks better than the 1K design, but not enough better to forego 1K.
Same experience here. Re-qualified for 1K on December 26, received the 1K kit on January 29. This week I received the Platinum kit, and Platinum cards. Maybe it's a system glitch as I re-qualified so late in the year.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Yes. You can email the 1K desk and ask for the "Yellow bag handle wrap".
Thanks, just sent off an email as I could use one of these.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I would bet they prioritize the 1K card issuance but forgot to clear out the Plat list they generated earlier in the month.

I only made Plat, and am quite disappointed at only getting 5 drink chits. Come'on!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by oopl
Thanks, just sent off an email as I could use one of these.
Just FYI - I emailed a week or so ago to order a replacement, and they replied that the wraps are not avialble until the end of February.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bmoy210
.... Did they do a bunch of cities on the coasters or are they all the same 4 cities? ...
Just the four premium transcon service (aka PS) cities (SFO, LAX, EWR and now BOS)
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: MileagePlus AAdvantage Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by DELee
Is that good or bad?

David
I'm waiting for steak-knives..........
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ChrisHaynesUSA
I'm waiting for steak-knives..........
That could be a sharp move

David
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Was my husband's MM Companion card supposed to be in the package with my Platinum card? I looked everywhere for it but didn't find one for him. Then I looked at his mystatus page and it claimed to have sent his package out 3 days later than mine. Mine arrived more than a week ago. No sign of his.

It figures that my first year in 8 or 9 years as a non 1K and they send out coasters...
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC SE
I'd requalified for 1K in early December, status is showing that my 1K kit has shipped on January 17. Still no sign of it in YYC as of Feb 8.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Finally!

Finally! Platinum kit was shipped on January 22 received LAX on February 9. Card for million miler member, card for million miler companion. Two luggage tags, five drink chits, Little booklet about your premier benefits, and a small white note from Oscar. Thank you united! However please change the Postal Service from pony express . Thanks and safe travels
Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Finally! Platinum kit was shipped on January 22 received LAX on February 9. Card for million miler member, card for million miler companion. Two luggage tags, five drink chits, Little booklet about your premier benefits, and a small white note from Oscar. Thank you united! However please change the Postal Service from pony express . Thanks and safe travels
I guess I was wrong then. My prediction of one day or two became three days. But I'm glad you received your Platinum kit and are happy with it.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Qualified for 1K in mid-November 2017 and received mine yesterday. DW qualified as Gold early Dec., no kit as yet..
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: United 1k , Hertz President's Circle, Avis President's Club, Marriott Platinum, SPG platinum
Originally Posted by ordflyer18
My status said that my kit had shipped and I should have already received in mail. I checked my mailbox everyday for a week but no luck- I called 1k line and they are sending me another one. Now if I get 2 of them, double the coasters and double the drink chits?

Also should I expect silver, gold and platinum kits? I qualified for 1k in late August

Well as an update, no kit yet. I called on 01/30 so I was expecting to come sometime by yesterday at least. No luck
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
We got our gold "kit" last week. One kit for two people, just like last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.