Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:27 pm

I re-qualified for GS in December as well. Just saw the updated status this past weekend. Mine was shipped on January 24th 2018, same 4-6 weeks arrival timeframe.

I emailed GS on 1/10 and they told me "Your 2018 Global Services card and kit was ordered on January 5, 2018 and should arrive by late January."
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Qualified for 1K in November, first time. Kit shipped 1/18 and delivered 1/24 (was on vacation but checked tracking number). Full size 1K card, two small luggage tags, 5 coasters, 10 drink tickets.
I use the small luggage tags (formerly G) on my personal item and carry-on to discourage questions about them, though they actually do fit in sizer. Prefer not to squoosh the Tumi shopper with purse and electronics in it.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by welltended
Qualified for 1K in November, first time. Kit shipped 1/18 and delivered 1/24 (was on vacation but checked tracking number). Full size 1K card, two small luggage tags, 5 coasters, 10 drink tickets.
I use the small luggage tags (formerly G) on my personal item and carry-on to discourage questions about them, though they actually do fit in sizer. Prefer not to squoosh the Tumi shopper with purse and electronics in it.
Nice!

Where, by chance, did you obtain a tracking number for your 1K kit? Inquiring minds who'd like to intercept the kit before it gets swiped off the front stoop wish to know....
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
My kit came in today.
5 coasters? I only received 4. ???
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
My kit came in today.
5 coasters? I only received 4. ???
There were only four shipped to everyone else. You should nly have the four you received.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Qualified for Silver in December and received the kit today. But my goodness it was a depressing experience compared to years past when Silvers got a real kit and a card....
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LarrySinNJ
So I just got my first Premier Silver Kit. This is what was inside. On the back is a place for me to handwrite my name and address. Note that this tag is about 50% of the size of a normal luggage tag. A little dissappointed...

If it makes you feel any better, the 1K tags are the same size and also self-service for the relevant info on the back.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by am1108
Qualified for Silver in December and received the kit today. But my goodness it was a depressing experience compared to years past when Silvers got a real kit and a card....
If you want a card just call and special request one (you might have to wait until 2/13, though).
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TravelBeat
Got my Premier Gold packet in the mail - sans the physical card.
I called the Premier Line and was first told "everything's online" and there would be no physical cards sent out anymore.
Then I called the MPSC and was told they'd be sent out next month because of a delay.

What gives?
I received my physical M+ card in my kit. Hopefully everyone else who didn't get theirs will receive theirs soon.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: UA, AA
My mailing label had a USPS tracking number on it. Looked it up. And sorry, yes it is 4 coasters banded together. Did not look closely, not a coaster aficionado.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
After 18 yrs of CO Plat/UA 1K I fell to gold (8k PQMs), thanks to my Million Miler status.
Packet arrived yesterday..now in the trash.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by exerda
Is this your first time as 1K? They only send them out automatically after your first go-round. You can request them again, though I hope people don't abuse it (e.g. request another, sell one on eBay, etc.). I had one wearing out, asked for a replacement, and got one without issue.

My wife got hers about a month after her 1K card arrived last year, FWIW.
Aah, that makes sense. Thanks for the info. I'm a repeat offender but have use for another one of these. Not to sell, though! Of course the threadbare ones are a badge of courage. :-)
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I'm looking for confirmation about Platinum drink chits. Included or not? Mrs. Milepig made Platinum this year and the kit arrived with no chits.

I just browsed the entire thread and find one report of chits being received, one report of "Chits will be included for Platinum" but this also said we'd get physical cards, and two reports of no chits.

I must say that her entire kit went right into the recycling bin, not a single thing of interest just marketing blah blah blah, aren't we wonderful. What a waste of money.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Received my Silver kit a week ago. Went from 1K to Silver. Was hoping for a soft landing after several years as a 1K . I didn't even receive a buy-up offer. GF also received her silver kit a few days later after dropping from gold to silver.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by milepig
I'm looking for confirmation about Platinum drink chits. Included or not? Mrs. Milepig made Platinum this year and the kit arrived with no chits.

I just browsed the entire thread and find one report of chits being received, one report of "Chits will be included for Platinum" but this also said we'd get physical cards, and two reports of no chits.

I must say that her entire kit went right into the recycling bin, not a single thing of interest just marketing blah blah blah, aren't we wonderful. What a waste of money.
My Platinum wife did get the 5 drink chits. She did get the physical card too as reported. No waste of money for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.