Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: United Platinum
I will qualify for Silver on December 28th after my flight from MSP-ORD. When will I see any kits? When will new status come into effect?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ord1027
I will qualify for Silver on December 28th after my flight from MSP-ORD. When will I see any kits? When will new status come into effect?
If United still has a Premier Silver kit in 2018, then you can expect it by the third week in January.

You can expect your status by New Year’s Eve, if not the day before. It usually takes 48-60 hours for a flight to post, but since it’s domestic, it could be earlier.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: One or two :)
2018 Mileage Plus welcome packet

So, I received my 2018 welcome packet from United today. I noticed that at Gold level, there wasn't even a membership card, just the luggage tag! So, will mobile versions of the card always be accepted where needed, or do people think there will be an additional mailing with a 2018 card?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The no-card creep continues! Haven't seen any reports of mobile cards not being honored lately, though.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Mobile cards usually run into issues in Europe destinations (although @fumje is right, I haven't heard of mobile cards not being honored lately either). However, I do carry mine with me.

I suspect you could call in and request a physical card if you so desire. If I recall correctly, only silvers didn't get the card before.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

{Y}ou can call the Premier Desk at either the Silver or Gold level to request a Premier Membership Card.

Originally Posted by COIAHLGW
So, I received my 2018 welcome packet from United today. I noticed that at Gold level, there wasn't even a membership card, just the luggage tag! So, will mobile versions of the card always be accepted where needed, or do people think there will be an additional mailing with a 2018 card?
I just received a Premier Silver Card in the mail a few weeks ago, so I can confirm that they are still offered, you just have to request (sometimes insist or speak to a supervisor) if you really want one.

My father told them that he doesn’t have a computer (which is true) and they willingly mailed a real one to him. Not saying you should all lie and say that you have no internet access, but there are ways to get a card.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 1, 2017 at 10:15 pm Reason: cleanup after merge; merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I also received a 2018 Gold kit today with no physical card - should I expect the LH lounge agents at FRA to not check for cards anymore?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by 764toHI
I also received a 2018 Gold kit today with no physical card - should I expect the LH lounge agents at FRA to not check for cards anymore?
Correct, they only scan boarding pass, I have not been asked for my *G card the last 12 months transiting and flying out of FRA/MUC/TXL.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's ZRH you have to worry about. Though I get into SEN lounge with just a BP last time.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Correct, they only scan boarding pass, I have not been asked for my *G card the last 12 months transiting and flying out of FRA/MUC/TXL.
only if your boarding pass scans properly. I had an issue with mine at MUC (unsure if scanner was glitching), was forced to show my physical card...lucky i carry it buried in my bag. They would not let desk agent reprint the pass so it was physical card or go to back to ticketing...my boarding pass was LH issued with *g printed for what that is worth.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by COIAHLGW
No physical card for either me or wife last year either. Both golds. So, IME, this is not new for 2018, but was this year for us.

That said, I can't remember the last time needing to use a physical card for anything, including partner lounge access. I think maybe at LH lounge in MUC in 2013 (I specifically remember them not asking for anything at SEN lounge in FRA last year). Even the transborder MLL in YYZ stopped asking for it a few years ago.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emcampbe
No physical card for either me or wife last year either. Both golds. So, IME, this is not new for 2018, but was this year for us.

That said, I can't remember the last time needing to use a physical card for anything, including partner lounge access. I think maybe at LH lounge in MUC in 2013 (I specifically remember them not asking for anything at SEN lounge in FRA last year). Even the transborder MLL in YYZ stopped asking for it a few years ago.
It’s really personal preference. To some, it’s one less piece of plastic in a overcrowded wallet, to others it’s nice to have.

Makes sense for it to be optional.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:07 pm

I requalified for platinum just now - could someone confirm at what point should I expect the kit?
And if I do want the plastic card (and I do - needed it in several places this year), how do I go about getting it?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:17 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by br2k
I requalified for platinum just now - could someone confirm at what point should I expect the kit?
And if I do want the plastic card (and I do - needed it in several places this year), how do I go about getting it?
Generally once we are in December, cards will be deferred until the normal January mailing. In the meantime, your previous Gold card should be sufficient to showing *G status at partner lounges.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Originally Posted by hirohito888
It is not guaranteed. I was asked for my card at MUC earlier this year. No issue with BP, which properly showed *G.

Don't know what they would do if I tried to push it, but I keep my card in my travel pouch to avoid any issues. Fits easily alongside drink chits, Intl Driver's License, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.