Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
My dear wife would hate that. She does not have a cell phone and prefers not to travel with her laptop due to the hassles at security.
Delta’s HOOU’s (or whatever those guys call them) have gone digital, but United is sticking with the paper for now.

I agree with you, I don’t have a smartphone and I despise electronic alternatives. I always get a cardstock boarding pass and present my physical card, call me old fashioned if you must.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Delta’s HOOU’s (or whatever those guys call them) have gone digital, but United is sticking with the paper for now.

I agree with you, I don’t have a smartphone and I despise electronic alternatives. I always get a cardstock boarding pass and present my physical card, call me old fashioned if you must.
I'd call you resilient. I've seen people miss flights because their smart phone died, for various reasons, and they had no back up hard copy to get through security, etc.

If United does away with physical cards, they're just transferring cost and risk to their customers. Which is probably why this will go ahead, sooner or later.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Arnon
November in Zurich - flying SK ZRH->CPH, in Business Class and UA *G on ticket.
Boarding pass kept showing "Not eligible", had to show Gold card to get in the lounge Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż...
My experience with the LX lounges is that their system requires the agents to enter the United status, as well. So, when I’ve entered just with my *G boarding pass, the LX Lounge agent asked if I was Premier Gold, Platinum, 1K, or GS.

Last edited by sannmann; Jan 18, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Requalified for 1K in October, no kit and no shipping status on the website.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by spearsba
Requalified for 1K in October, no kit and no shipping status on the website.

They do this every year. Why is it such a chore to get the kits out in a reasonable amount of time?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by goodeats21

They do this every year. Why is it such a chore to get the kits out in a reasonable amount of time?
My coworker qualified for 1K for the first time in December and got his kit already.

When he qualified for Premier Platinum he got his kit, card and 5 drink chits within a couple weeks. Maybe they track first time qualifiers differently?

Last edited by spearsba; Jan 19, 2018 at 9:14 am Reason: Addded Info
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by spearsba
My coworker qualified for 1K for the first time in December and got his kit already.
Interesting. Seems to be a crap shoot. I re-qualified back in September, and mine hasn't even shipped yet.
It should be a more consistent, reliable program.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by UAL
Passed through MUC and FRA many times but had not required to produce my card.
Last year I never had to show my card in FRA, was asked for it in MUC 2 out of 4 times. It may depend on who issued the BP. I think I has a problem with OS boarding passes, even though they showed *G.

Last edited by FreFly; Jan 19, 2018 at 12:01 am
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine

would another platinum please confirm that the 2018 kits do not contain cards or chits? Not what I expected. Thanks and safe travels
Following my January 9 post, it looks like it was a teaser platinum "kit" that I received in December, with just a luggage tag. I had assumed that was the real kit?
Webpage says that real "kit" shipped on January 10, and should arrive in 4-6 weeks. 4-6 weeks to California? hm. ok. It sounds like a real card & drink chits? I can't wait! woo-hoo.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Interesting. Seems to be a crap shoot. I re-qualified back in September, and mine hasn't even shipped yet.
You could say this about a lot of things at United.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: United 1MM GS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Just saw on mystatus.united.com that my 2018 GS kit has shipped.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof
You could say this about a lot of things at United.
And of course, I received my 1K kit yesterday. LOL
My status now shows as shipped, but will arrive in 4-6 weeks.
Classic United.

Originally Posted by FreFly
Last year I never had to show my card in FRA, was asked for it in MUC 2 out of 4 times. It may depend on who issued the BP. I think I has a problem with OS boarding passes, even though they showed *G.
MUC in September of this year, I had to show my 1K card even though my United boarding pass had *G on it.
It is YMMV; no rhyme or reason.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
MUC in September of this year, I had to show my 1K card even though my United boarding pass had *G on it.
It is YMMV; no rhyme or reason.
I've had enough incidents over the years in various airports where they required a card (ZRH, NRT, KBV, BOG) that I always carry it.

I requalified in early August, still no kit. No int'l travel planned until end of February, so not a big deal.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:...Premier Gold: Card (request)
Glad I won't be flying through Germany in early Feb and might have wanted to visit a lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.