Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Problem with Boarding Pass in Apple Wallet iOS 11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with Boarding Pass in Apple Wallet iOS 11

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by mr8
Got the “this pass has expired” QR code on my flight today. Guy behind me in group 1 had the same issue. Had to use the United app to board.

same, need this fixed
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
This may have just been a one up, but yesterday the QR code on the Wallet display was greyed out instead of black and wouldn't scan at TSA (I only noticed it when i got there). A quick flip to the app and was able to scan the BP from there. Experimenting later I was able to remove the BP from the app and reload it and all was back to normal.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:09 am

I’m also seeing th issue with the pass “expiring” on my end. Again, looks like it was triggered by a gate change. Not very happy with this change.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Same here, saw gate change on airport monitor opened phone and pass was on lock screen, opened app and refreshed to get gate change. Locked phone and boarding pass was now gone from lock screen

This is annoying as all hell
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I've had this same problem, too, on an iPhone using the latest version of the iOS.

Do boarding passes need to be added to the Apple Wallet in order for the "appear on home screen" option to work? Viewing a b.p. from within the app, one gets the impression that they should show on the home screen as long as that option is selected, whether or not the passes are actually added to the Apple Wallet, which seems redundant anyway.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
I've had this same problem, too, on an iPhone using the latest version of the iOS.

Do boarding passes need to be added to the Apple Wallet in order for the "appear on home screen" option to work? Viewing a b.p. from within the app, one gets the impression that they should show on the home screen as long as that option is selected, whether or not the passes are actually added to the Apple Wallet, which seems redundant anyway.

In the app, click on a boarding pass to make it full screen and under the QR code is a butan to add it to the apple wallet. You have to press that butan, go to the next screen and click “ADD” for each boarding pass to get them in apple wallet and thus on the lock screen.

If the boarding pass is in the apple wallet, the butan to add to apple wallet won’t be there
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:37 pm
Suspended

Right, I know how to add them, but there's an option to "remove from home screen" when viewing boarding passes within the app, which suggests they should be showing on the home screen even if they haven't been added to the Apple Wallet.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 4:41 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
guys, I am having another issue. Im collecting all boarding passes in Wallet but some of them completely disappeared from my huge collection (boarding passes from Hawaiian, Delta, United, Austrian, THY for now). anyone else having same issue?
Old Dec 25, 2017, 8:45 am
Suspended

It seems like I've seen scattered reports of this before, perhaps related to app updates. Wallet assuredly isn't meant to be a place to collect anything indefinitely, though. In the future, I'd recommend screenshotting and then deleting.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I suppose I’m glad to see I am not the only person with this issue. When I did OLCI yesterday, I added the BP to Passbook. Today at the airport, it was not on my lock screen and totally gone from Passbook. Tweeted UA, but no response yet.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I suppose I’m glad to see I am not the only person with this issue. When I did OLCI yesterday, I added the BP to Passbook. Today at the airport, it was not on my lock screen and totally gone from Passbook. Tweeted UA, but no response yet.
not a UA problem, IME, it’s something wrong with wallet. I’ve had problems with UA BPs disappearing from lock screen when I’ve arrived at airport (no gate changes, as many have suspected is the culprit, though perhaps that’s an additional issue). But I also flew a intra-California round trip on B6 and in both directions, same thing happened. I love Apple innovations, but unfortunately in the last 5+ years or so, their qa, particularly in software, seems limited to non-existent and for the most part, getting worse.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by emcampbe

not a UA problem, IME, it’s something wrong with wallet. I’ve had problems with UA BPs disappearing from lock screen when I’ve arrived at airport (no gate changes, as many have suspected is the culprit, though perhaps that’s an additional issue). But I also flew a intra-California round trip on B6 and in both directions, same thing happened. I love Apple innovations, but unfortunately in the last 5+ years or so, their qa, particularly in software, seems limited to non-existent and for the most part, getting worse.
My wonder about it being UAs problem is the fact that the UA app provides no ability to re-add it to Passbook. I thought it would allow you to do so in the past if it had been removed, but the button no longer displays in the app.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:59 am
Suspended

Right, I believe this is a UA issue.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
While it does not help at TSA, it would be nice if UA allowed boarding with the bar code on one's MileagePlus card. DL does this and it's quite handy if the BP is hard to find for some reason. You can keep the card at the top of your passbook, scan its bar code to board, and a little receipt pops out with the seat information.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by kenn0223
While it does not help at TSA, it would be nice if UA allowed boarding with the bar code on one's MileagePlus card. DL does this and it's quite handy if the BP is hard to find for some reason. You can keep the card at the top of your passbook, scan its bar code to board, and a little receipt pops out with the seat information.

DL actually allows boarding with a barcode OR QR code of your FF number

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.