Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Problem with Boarding Pass in Apple Wallet iOS 11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with Boarding Pass in Apple Wallet iOS 11

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by swiftaw
I've had this happen to me all the way back to IOS 10. The vanishing boarding pass is almost always triggered by a gate change.
You are right!

I didn’t make this connection before. But traveling this morning I was watching carefully. As soon as an gate update notification came in, I checked the lock screen and sure enough the pass for that segment had vanished. In wallet, it was no longer in the “stack” for today’s itinerary, and “Suggest on lock screen” was no longer present as an option.

I’ll try united support yet again. All others having this problem: I encourage you to do so as well. You can provide feedback from within the app.

Last edited by Chris1000; Nov 12, 2017 at 9:39 am
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, M Life Gold, SIXT Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum, Global Entry
I've had my reservation for the return leg on my last flight disappear from my app prior to boarding. I originally thought it may be because my flight was delayed, as the reservation disappeared around the time my flight was supposed to depart, i it hadn't been delayed. After reading all the problems with iOS 11 I wonder whether this is yet another Apple problem - and not a problem on United's end.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UASleeper
I've had my reservation for the return leg on my last flight disappear from my app prior to boarding. I originally thought it may be because my flight was delayed, as the reservation disappeared around the time my flight was supposed to depart, i it hadn't been delayed. ....
That can also happen on the Andriod app.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:19 pm

Today my boarding pass seems to have been “pushed off” the lock screen by the “Do not disturb while driving” notifier. After I cleared it (was a passenger in a Lyft) the BP was gone.

There had been no gate change or schedule change.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Chris1000
Today my boarding pass seems to have been “pushed off” the lock screen by the “Do not disturb while driving” notifier. After I cleared it (was a passenger in a Lyft) the BP was gone.

There had been no gate change or schedule change.
I think DNDWD is separate from this issue. It hides all other notifications temporarily. The disappearing boarding pass happened in iOS 10 (before DNDWD), and to those who have DNDWD disabled
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
How do you even add United Boarding Pass to Apple Wallet???!!!
Pardon my ignorance
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:25 am

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Originally Posted by kittiyut
How do you even add United Boarding Pass to Apple Wallet???!!!
Pardon my ignorance
It’s an option once you check-in using the United App and then view your boarding pass, there should then be a button for adding the boarding pass to your wallet. I use this feature a lot.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
I’ll add another data point. I was on 677 this week. And apperantly also took the same flight with the same number and date last year so that was pulled up on the lock screen. The ga checked the name and seat which were also the same then decided to board using the seq number which was different. Needless to say someone else later showed up boarded and i was unloaded. The ga finally caught the mistake trying to upgrade someone to my FC seat.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:34 pm

Still having the problem on iOS 11.2. As soon as a gate change came in, the pass was gone from the lock screen.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:38 pm

I should add that the United app will currently not allow me to submit feedback. Every time I try, it pops up an error saying “Data Services are Not Available” this is a separate issue ( I have submitted feedback about this problem before)

If any of you are able to submit feedback, please do. You can use this text if you want:

When (1) boarding pass is added to Apple wallet (2) “suggest on lock screen” is selected and (3) a gate change alert or seat change comes in: results: (1) the pass no longer shows on lock screen (2) in wallet, “suggest on lock screen” is no longer an option for the pass
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K
Solution (maybe)

So I noticed all the error passes were attached to a very old TPE-SFO. I deleted that pass and everything seems to be working. One thing to try.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by uber1K_Flyer
So I noticed all the error passes were attached to a very old TPE-SFO. I deleted that pass and everything seems to be working. One thing to try.
This did not work for me. I continued to have the problem after deleting all boarding passes.

I've also tried switching off iCloud wallet storage, as well as resetting the phone and restoring from backup.

This week I saw someone ask a GA for a paper pass because his pass "Disappeared" from his phone. I noticed he had an iPhone, and asked him if he had recently received a gate change notification. Yup.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Chris1000
This did not work for me. I continued to have the problem after deleting all boarding passes.

I've also tried switching off iCloud wallet storage, as well as resetting the phone and restoring from backup.

This week I saw someone ask a GA for a paper pass because his pass "Disappeared" from his phone. I noticed he had an iPhone, and asked him if he had recently received a gate change notification. Yup.
Think the issue is triggered by any boarding pass update, including gate change, seat assignment change, etc. My passes always "disappeared" (went into a random stack of other United passes) when I change my seat after check-in.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:00 am
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Noticed some issues on iOS 11 too. The the button to "add to apple wallet" on the UA app also seems to disappear sometimes.

I've just been using the passes directly on the UA app to avoid any headaches.
Originally Posted by hughw
I always to a "screen print" of any boarding passes that I need for a trip. That way, they're always in my photo roll....afterwards I can delete them.
I've done that in the pass, but noticed that the QR code changes a little every now and then for some reason..? I guess UA pushes some small changes to the passes every now and then?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:20 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Got the “this pass has expired” QR code on my flight today. Guy behind me in group 1 had the same issue. Had to use the United app to board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.