Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123

Thank you for clarifying. It was weird as I tried HUACA. The agents are useless and really don't seem to know what they are talking about. "Thank you for being a whatever premier member with United?" Read off a script much?????
Not all are that bad. The old UA Hawaii people are great. The "ex-cons" are great in knowing how to do things on the computer. It is still better than calling the main number. Remember, it can always be worse!
IADFlyer123 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
Called the 1K line number and seems like it is routing to the general premier line. It is not even recognizing the phone number (which it used to before). Plus the wait times are now outrageous. No weather issues going on - so not quite sure what is happening. Anyone have the same experience.?
Could be related to other recent issues on lack of recognition and not getting into the right queue
United phone system not auto-recognizing my phone and Mileage Plus number
IADFlyer123 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA
See this post:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30845047-post32.html

Originally Posted by ezefllying
Well, I may have (almost) figured out my problem. After failing yet again to get through to the 1K desk, it dawned on me to try something I haven’t done in years: Actually speak my MP number instead of entering it on my keypad.

And: Viola. Prompted to enter my ZIP code and then transferred within 30 seconds to someone, apparently stateside, who introduced himself as a 1K agent and fixed my problem without threatening to call the Rates Desk.

To test, I called back twice more and entered my number on the keypad. Not recognized or asked for my ZIP code, and instead redirected to the general queue. Called a third time, speaking my number; recognized and prompted for my ZIP.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:25 pm

Wait time on 1K line ?

Usually, the wait time on the 1K phone line has always been very good, almost never more than 10 minutes, usually less then 5 minutes.
Now i am hanging around on the line for alreadt 35 minutes, exceeding the announced 15...20 minutes. Also tried a second line in parallel , same thing.
And yes, it was asking for my name, so it knows i am 1k....

Is this a new normal because united figure out another way to save money and annoying its customers, or is this an indication of something going wrong at united (computer problems or the like) ?
Old May 9, 2019, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
So how any times has this happened to you since you seem to think it’s possibly a new “normal”?
Old May 9, 2019, 10:39 pm

First time without the computer saying initially that there could be longer than normal wait times due to some event!

After 45 minutes waiting i learned from the agent that there are thunderstorms in Houston area. I'd call that an event qualifying for the computer system to tell us there is a reason for these longer wait times. Otherwise i think its fair to fear it could be the new normal. Not ?

The computer system was also confused about an upcoming flight i have where it told me it wasn't ticketed, but the agent then calmed me down and told me everything was fine, and she wouldn't know either why the computer was telling me this.

Just because i am paranoid about unexpected new, lower service level normal doesn't meant it didn't happen in the past already ;-)
Old May 9, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Go look at a radar map of Houston and I think you will find your answer.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by te36
After 45 minutes waiting
That is an unusually long time for 1K to wait. Even during weather events, I've usually not waited more than a minute or so. I suspect your call didn't get routed correctly.

I'd never wait that long unless I had something critically urgent that had to be dealt with.
Kannai likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Even the GS phone line had 10-15 minute backups during the IAH disruptions... longest I have ever seen.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:32 pm

Coming to think of it, i am not even sure i remember whether the UA 1K line computer ever gave me any warnings about unusual (weather) situations. I might have confused that with the other number(s) i have to call (lufthansa, egencia, ..). Some of them also take it to an extreme and let the "unusual situation" warrning on the tape for weeks (at least it feels that way).

Wrt. NOT waiting 45 minutes unless its critical: If its critical and you have to wait for 45 minutes, it can really impact your health. At least when you turn my age ;-). So i always think its good to train for such situations when you don't have an emergency. In my situation i luckily didn't have anything urgent, so i just had fun in two phones set up calling the number and playing the 1K loop music over each other while i was doing chores at home. I wasn't quite sure if there was really strict FIFO processing if you answer initial voice responder questions differently, hence the check using two phones. Yes, seems to be FIFO ;-)
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: United
Unhappy 1K Call Line - Recent Experiences?

Has anyone else called the Premier 1K line recently and ended up with regular reservations reps instead of the "real" 1K representatives? My last 2 calls were clearly NOT answered by Premier 1K representatives but they insisted "Yes, you've called the Premier 1K line."
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
i don't think they have had dedicated 1K representatives in many years
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by thejuj
...My last 2 calls were clearly NOT answered by Premier 1K representatives but they insisted "Yes, you've called the Premier 1K line."
This has been true for years
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by jasonp622
i don't think they have had dedicated 1K representatives in many years
Although likely true, I always thought they only route the 1K calls to agents that were more knowledgeable.
At least in my experience, I have always received good customer support as a 1K (and they pick up fast too).
perkele likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Welcome to FT, thejuj!
narvik likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.