Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Anyone else having issues with 1kvoice response? I've now sent three emails asking about GPU extension and . . . crickets. Not even the auto-response.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
Anyone else having issues with 1kvoice response? I've now sent three emails asking about GPU extension and . . . crickets. Not even the auto-response.
I ended up having to do the same thing for 1 of my GPUs that my wife ended up removing so she could do a GG BUY UP to get herself to 1K. I wrote to 1kvoice at 8:00 PM last Friday. I had the answer on Saturday morning at 9:29 AM. It got extended to April 30, 2019.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Dec 19, 2018 at 2:35 pm Reason: Add information
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I ended up having to do the same thing for 1 of my GPUs that my wife ended up removing so she could do a GG BUY UP to get herself to 1K. I wrote to 1kvoice at 8:00 PM last Friday. I had the answer on Saturday morning at 9:29 AM. It got extended to April 30, 2019.
How many GPUs do they extend?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:54 pm

I got tired of waiting for a response to my extension request and called it in. Took three minutes total.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Wink Great 1K agents are still working

I just called last week, the 1K agent did extend the GPUs immediately while thanking me for being a 1K 2MM.
And I just sent a complimentary email to 1K Voice after I got GREAT assistance from an agent in Houston: she fixed all my self-inflicted booking errors, adjusted my change fee (I had a medical waiver) and got us a refund of $466!!!! All in about 20 minutes. So the great agents are out there......
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
Mine went fine. Requested Monday 10am and got a response Tuesday 7am confirming the extension.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by anandrag
How many GPUs do they extend?
Two. If you requalified for 1K for 2019. I guess it must work the same for GS.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Is there no longer a 1K line?

Called the 1K line number and seems like it is routing to the general premier line. It is not even recognizing the phone number (which it used to before). Plus the wait times are now outrageous. No weather issues going on - so not quite sure what is happening. Anyone have the same experience.?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
Called the 1K line number and seems like it is routing to the general premier line. It is not even recognizing the phone number (which it used to before). Plus the wait times are now outrageous. No weather issues going on - so not quite sure what is happening. Anyone have the same experience.?
There hasn't been a 1K line in a long time. However, 1Ks are supposed to get priority handling (shorter queue).

That said, there have been sporadic reports of this happening to various people, including some GSes, over the past month or so. Basically, it's somehow forgetting that you're a 1K and routing you through the general queue.
IADFlyer123 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by jsloan
There hasn't been a 1K line in a long time. However, 1Ks are supposed to get priority handling (shorter queue).

That said, there have been sporadic reports of this happening to various people, including some GSes, over the past month or so. Basically, it's somehow forgetting that you're a 1K and routing you through the general queue.

Thank you for clarifying. It was weird as I tried HUACA. The agents are useless and really don't seem to know what they are talking about. "Thank you for being a whatever premier member with United?" Read off a script much?????
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I really miss the agents in HNL, they were the best. I use to stay up to call in when they came online.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
Thank you for clarifying. It was weird as I tried HUACA. The agents are useless and really don't seem to know what they are talking about. "Thank you for being a whatever premier member with United?" Read off a script much?????
Interesting. I read in some other thread that the line just recognizes and fast tracks 1Ks. This made sense of my most recent interactions. I was quickly connected to agents who recognized me as a 1K when I had to do some last-minute changes to the itinerary that brought me here to Rome, Italy. The service was pretty quick and efficient. However, it was quite clear that the system didn't recognize me as a 1K when I called again from Rome (I'm sure that my number didn't look exactly the same to the system's computers what with international prefixes and all). But when I entered my credentials, my interactions proceeded just as before.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by iapetus
Interesting. I read in some other thread that the line just recognizes and fast tracks 1Ks. This made sense of my most recent interactions. I was quickly connected to agents who recognized me as a 1K when I had to do some last-minute changes to the itinerary that brought me here to Rome, Italy. The service was pretty quick and efficient. However, it was quite clear that the system didn't recognize me as a 1K when I called again from Rome (I'm sure that my number didn't look exactly the same to the system's computers what with international prefixes and all). But when I entered my credentials, my interactions proceeded just as before.
That would have been a great solution in my case as well. I understand if the IVR doesn't recognize the MP number, but once it is put it, run your checks and then route appropriately. Certainly, don't want to deal with inefficient agents who are repeating the same thing off a script and calling us "Whatever Premier Member" .
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:01 am

This just happened to me as well. Called in and it prompted me to enter my membership number instead of recognizing the number. Then it was a 5 min wait instead of the normal single ring and pick up.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Marriott IT supporting UA now?

David
bdw1120 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.