Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I recently complained of inop wifi on my transpac flight and did it through the customer care form on united.com and got within 24 hour personalized response with $200 e-cert. They even thanked me for my 1.6MM with them.
Now, I haven't flown or complained in a long time so my compensation ticker had probably run out so was time to collect :S

Response was from [email protected]
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:17 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Not directly related, but submitted a compliant on the website (as a Plat) and got a substantive reply in about 24 hours that actually demonstrated that the individual actually read my comments and it wasn't the typical "we're sorry" form letter that they had been sending. I was actually pretty impressed and starting to wonder if UA is actually turning a corner..
Old May 10, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
1K Voice not responding (2x on same issue)

I was delayed in SFO by what I considered to be an inordinate amount of time due to runway construction (9 hours late on a simple PDX-SFO-SBA flight) and had 2 consecutive flights from SFO to SBA cancelled during that trip. I have now pinged 1K voice twice, just to let them know of the poor performance of UA and I have not heard a single thing from them. Each email was ~ 1 week apart. Is this normal?
Old May 10, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by timfountain
I was delayed in SFO by what I considered to be an inordinate amount of time due to runway construction (9 hours late on a simple PDX-SFO-SBA flight) and had 2 consecutive flights from SFO to SBA cancelled during that trip. I have now pinged 1K voice twice, just to let them know of the poor performance of UA and I have not heard a single thing from them. Each email was ~ 1 week apart. Is this normal?
Did you get an auroresponse from UA ~5mins after you sent either email? If I get that, I always eventually receive an answer (usually within 48h) from a person. If I don't get it (and I've no idea why it sometimes doesn't arrive), the email disappears and nobody ever responds.

I would file a request via the support contact page of the website if you've tried twice to no avail.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
No, nothing... Just chirping crickets. In the past I got a response with a case #. Not the last two times. I just sent on more message and got a case # this time so clearly something was broken on the UA end the last couple of weeks, or maybe they didn't like me!
Old May 10, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: United MP Premier Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
My last complaint with united I never received an email back from them about my past issues with my RT in april (ROC-ORD-SFO-EWR-ROC) multiple delays, equip swaps, and cancelled flight with 21 hours to burn through to get to my final airport. Somewhat surprising about 10 minutes after booking 2 pax EWR-PUJ RT for $1200 I get my compensation from united. Last complaint took about a week to solve, Just wished I got the ETC before booking.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Took a little over 2 weeks for them to respond to my last two emails. Slow seems to be the new normal.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:47 pm

1kvoice and united.com response time

In the automated email response to claims made to 1kvoice they say: "Our Customer Care team will address your email and respond back to you shortly. Response time is generally within one business day."

Is it just me or the actual response time is much longer?
I have emailed them twice in the past 6 months: once for wet luggage and once for a cancelled flight. In both times it has taken over 4 days to respond (this time it's been 4 days and still did not hear anything other than the automated email).

Is this normal?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Varies for me. Sometimes I get a reply same day...sometime 48 hours, but rarely longer. Agents seem to vary - some are helpful and make personal responses, some only give canned replies.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
As a plat and gold over the last few years, I don't think it's ever been more than 3-4 days for a response.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
My responses have been running 24-48 hours lately.

Maybe one time in five my e-mail seems to get lost in the void and I have to follow up to get a response.

Otherwise, I've generally been pleased with the quality of the responses.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:48 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Usually no later than 2 days. I probably write 2-3 times a year tops, so a small sample size.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I'm generally in the 2-3 day camp as well. Although a few weeks ago someone responded to my note 35 minutes after I submitted it ... not sure if it was a slow night or what, but my jaw literally dropped when I saw the email pop up.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:08 pm

Interesting. I sent my email on June 24 (4 days ago - but 3 full business days) and nothing! If I don't hear back by tomorrow - I will follow up :/
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Amb, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
I just had occasion to write them a few days ago. Sent my email 6/27 @ 8:26pm, received a response 6/28 @ 7:25am, so turnaround time was about 11 hours -- was pleasantly surprised!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.