Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by simmang
Noticed the same thing. I received a response within a few hours twice over the storm weekend. Fastest responses I've ever received.
Darn. Don't feel the love. Been 24 hours and no response whatsoever on my last email to them
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
E-mailed late Friday night, promptly got the "we've received your e-mail" response and a substantive reply first thing Monday morning.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by edcho
Check your spam?

I e-mailed last night (got the receipt confirm) and got a response this morning in regards to an issue (and a second reply about a few hours later after immediately replying).

Used a gMail account.
Crazy. Using Gmail as well and spam is clear (of anything from United). Never had an issue with these emails getting routed into spam either.

Oh well. I'll call tomorrow.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Out of interest - what kinds of issues do people resolve via 1kvoice vs calling?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by televisor
Out of interest - what kinds of issues do people resolve via 1kvoice vs calling?
I've never gotten customer compensation following a phone conversation with United, no matter how problematic the circumstances. So once the dust settles on a major service failure, I write in to 1K Voice. Usually, they provide ETC or miles for a genuing service failure. Fortunately, this hasn't happened (yet) to me this year.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:29 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Wrote early this week for the first time this year...Auto response quick, actual response the next afternoon. However, the cert they promised hasn't come yet--those had always come the next day, previously. Not sure what's taking so long now--its burning a hole in my pocket and I want to redeem it already!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
If I think there needs to be an interactive discussion, I call.
If not, such as to report a problem or get ORC, I write.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Ok, stupid question. Do you actually NEED to be 1k to use 1kvoice? I only ask because I emailed them recently and got a very nice reply in 1 day with no mention whatsoever of my 1p status.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by HGHUA
Ok, stupid question. Do you actually NEED to be 1k to use 1kvoice? I only ask because I emailed them recently and got a very nice reply in 1 day with no mention whatsoever of my 1p status.
Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the 1K elite group at United?
Old Dec 23, 2016, 12:46 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Also wrote about no GPU's deposited, and got a response and the GPU's within 24 hours
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by transportprof
Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the 1K elite group at United?
Nope, 1P is the highest i've ever been. Would have made PP in the past if that had been a thing but hey...
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
I had a bullet point list of things that needed to be done/questions asked (ticket refund for unused segment, GPU redeposit, compensation for ground txp when Express flight cxl, asking why I wasn't placed in E+ when I cleared standby for a transcon when there was a seat available, etc.)

Figured it would be easier to list it off so would be easier to ensure each item could be addressed.

Unfortunately my theory went out the window. Received a reply this a.m. apologizing that my flight was canceled due to weather (it wasn't) and letting me know they aren't responsible for any refunds due to force majeure event.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by belynch
Unfortunately my theory went out the window. Received a reply this a.m. apologizing that my flight was canceled due to weather (it wasn't) and letting me know they aren't responsible for any refunds due to force majeure event.
Must be a different agent than mine... I did the same thing (8-hr delay then cancel for maintenance, refund for invol reroute and downgrade on AA, luggage fee BS, original Routing credit) and I got a response with the form letter/canned text relevant to each bullet in the order mentioned (plus a blurb about global services in response to my "is there a secret handshake?") wrapped in some personal text.

It was very clear that those blurbs were not intended to be inserted in the same message, but I did appreciate that all of my points were addressed -- and I think they took care of me approproately with an ETC.

Did not get an auto-response at all, but the real message came within about 18 hours.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by HGHUA
Nope, 1P is the highest i've ever been. Would have made PP in the past if that had been a thing but hey...
Then you must have hit them on a slow day....
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by transportprof
Then you must have hit them on a slow day....
The other possibility is they transparently reassigned it to the general/correct queue. I know once when I emailed 1KV about ORC (as a 1K) they seemed to have bounced my message over to the MPSC as the reply came from mileageplus@ instead of 1kv and was signed as "MileagePlus blah blah blah"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.