Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K
I just got another response within about 4 hours. Really fantastic.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Is PremierVoice and 1K voice the same?

Trying to email 1k Voice for partner who is 1k
Have found the ability to email "PremierVoice" but they still want 7-10 days to get a response to you
Is there a 1kvoice thats different and more timely?

Thanks
Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta Plat, UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
guessing 1k > premier because everyone is premier access these days(CC, silvers, gold,plat, ect).
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
One bad experience recently-- all others great

WX in Denver a few weeks ago-- canceled my return from Fargo to ORD. I was driving on my way to the airport when I got the notice. I called-- next available flight was next day on AA-- 18-20 hours later. Very hard to understand the accent of the employee-- supposedly 1K line.

Called back-- got another agent-- but this time, the AA flight was booked-- had to fly Delta. All set quickly by professional agent.

Called Delta to get seats-- NO status-- picked up the phone in 2 minutes, and had a professional US-based agent who treated me like I was diamond medallion! Seriously! The flight experience was very nice, no RJ's and friendly attendants. Got off in Chicago== Greeted with a big smile and "WELCOME TO CHICAGO".

UA-- DL has got your number.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 3:12 pm
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by boycruz
Trying to email 1k Voice for partner who is 1k
Have found the ability to email "PremierVoice" but they still want 7-10 days to get a response to you
Is there a 1kvoice thats different and more timely?

Thanks
I actually have pretty good luck with 1K Voice e-mail both for issues pertaining to my travel/reservations but also, occasionally, a family member or colleague. While they say "7-10 days" I find that I either hear back from them within about 48 hours or not at all.

I have found when calling 1K voice that I more often get someone that is clearly working from home as opposed to in one of UA's call centers. I miss talking the ladies in Honolulu who were always willing to be more helpful if you showed a little interest in their day. I also hate how they answer the phone now which is just "[NAME]" silence...
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Called for a same-day rebook, knowing booking class was available.

First agent said there would be a $200 charge + refare.

HUCA, next agent processed it in about 40 seconds.

Quality.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Coworker just told me about an experience. Called in to apply a RPU for his flight (made 1k last year). Was told by the phone agent that since 'he didn't get to 75k miles yet this year, he didn't have any RPU's' - so he resigned himself to sitting in coach.

I asked him if he'd spent the ones he got last year, to which he said 'agent said they expired at the end of the year'. Which is obviously wrong.

Go to the website, lo and behold he has RPU's in his account. Applied and cleared instantly.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 8:28 pm
Suspended

anyone having trouble getting to the 1k desk today?

i've been on hold now for 1:20 mins. wondering if something is wrong...
Old Jul 9, 2016, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by imgonnafly
There is no such thing as a 1K desk. Do you have another line you can try calling in on concurrently (landline or cell)?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 8:39 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by imgonnafly
Is that 1 hour 20 min or 1 min 20 seconds?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I just got through in 30 seconds.

(And then the agent changed me to the wrong flight )

Last edited by Kacee; Jul 9, 2016 at 8:59 pm
Old Jul 9, 2016, 8:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
EWR is having significant WX delays today
Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
Just had a remarkably unhelpful experience with the 1k help desk.

I have a fight SFO-HKG with some other inter-Asia flights on different carriers and a return flight on PVG-SFO. I am confirmed on a Sunday PVG-SFO and wait listed for Sarurday.

I called to try a GPU on SFO-HKG to bump to global first. Lady on the phone was clearly not happy with the fact that people were calling her and she would need to interact with customers based on her tone.

I asked if I could use a GPU.

First issue, she was baffled by the fact that other carrier flights were listed on my itinerary. She said she would have to delete all of those and I would need to call the other carriers to make sure I was still booked.

Second issues, she was baffled that I was wait listed on the earlier PVG-SFO flight and I would need to delete one of those before she could do anything for applying a GPU to my flight to HKG.

I told her thank you for the help and please do not do anything to my travel itinerary.

Maybe I will try back again later.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
Update.

Rather than trying back later, I got to a computer and just did the upgrade myself. Sucks that the app can't do it, or it sucks that it's not obvious how to do it on the app.

Got seat 2A
Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Elites Getting India Now ?

I called UA to change an MP ticket (before we have to pay to call with the new policies) and I connected to an agent in India who answered as "Premier Desk". She was NOT a Premier quality agent. Since when did Elites get routed to India and they claimed to be "Premier Desk". She had difficulties changing a simple flight, so hung up again and called again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.