Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vayama UA tix and checked bags

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Vayama UA tix and checked bags

I am looking at a United ticket (NYC-MUC) that seems to be somewhat cheaper on Vayama than on UA.com. Fare rules show a K fare.

However, on the side of the ticket details Vayama states that "checked bags are not included" (although when clicking on that statement, it says that "Vayama may not have received checked bag information from the carrier").

Seems more like a glitch - I have not seen a UA TATL flight or fare until now that does not include checked bags. Is that even possible?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by br2k
Seems more like a glitch - I have not seen a UA TATL flight or fare until now that does not include checked bags. Is that even possible?
I would expect 1 free plus any status benes. That shouldn't change based on where you buy the ticket.

But it's likely a bulk fare so beware on the earnings.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, that's what I thought.

I don't much care for PQD or award miles. I think it will still earn PQM.

This being Vayama and UA, I'll probably wait till Monday (in case things break down and I have to call to fix).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.