Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New safety video (Sep 2017):”Safety is Global III”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New safety video (Sep 2017):”Safety is Global III”

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Currently on 989 IAD-FRA watching the old video. Guess they released it to You Tube first.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by halls120
Currently on 989 IAD-FRA watching the old video. Guess they released it to You Tube first.
Bet there was an issue with the video manufacturer, so the new video has been re-called. Haha...... after the ice cream and the hot dogs, I wouldn’t be surprised.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Finally saw it on an actual flight for the first time (IAH-LAS on Oct 20) but on the return on Oct 22 it was back to v2.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:31 am

Has anyone seen this video (or any UA safety video) on a flight with subtitles in a language other than English or Spanish? Flew from a non-English speaking country on UA for the first time in a while and I feel like it might be a concern if some pax didn't understand any part of the safety briefing, even if most people don't pay attention to begin with. I feel like other airlines put in subtitles in languages other than the native ones or do the whole video in other languages...
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K *G; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by steveman518
Has anyone seen this video (or any UA safety video) on a flight with subtitles in a language other than English or Spanish? Flew from a non-English speaking country on UA for the first time in a while and I feel like it might be a concern if some pax didn't understand any part of the safety briefing, even if most people don't pay attention to begin with. I feel like other airlines put in subtitles in languages other than the native ones or do the whole video in other languages...
It's loaded in Japanese on UA78/79...
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by eklapper
It's loaded in Japanese on UA78/79...
I guess it may have been an oversight on UA890 then-the FAs also referred to J as businessfirst...though I've never seen it loaded in Chinese any of my previous trips back either
Old Dec 13, 2020, 2:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by villox
The video is cute, but my main complaint about the high priced video is that they keep them around too long. I'm afraid this video will get very old if it's around another two years.
Three years on, and they're still playing it.
Although (unlike NZ), at least they're not wasting money on a new version right now.
​​​​​
Originally Posted by itsMoe
Neat! I like the Oscar cameo.
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
I liked the cameo by Oscar and his "De nada." response.
Oscar has been cut from the video!

Originally Posted by Two Bee
What is of particular concern to me are the "Sky Lanterns" being released into the atmosphere, at the end of this "Safety" video.

OMG! Does anyone realize how many cows can suffer a slow and agonizing death if they eat the wires from these lanterns, should they happen to fall to earth in a farmers pasture?
Not disagreeing with you, but at least for the video, the lanterns were either CGI, or hooked to strings/wires, as seen in this "Behind the Scenes" video (@2:36):

Last edited by narvik; Dec 13, 2020 at 2:54 am
Old Dec 13, 2020, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
"if they eat the wires from these lanterns, should they happen to fall to earth in a farmers pasture?"

I've never found wires in my cheeseburger on UA. Now I can't find a cheeseburger on UA.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:32 am

My guess is they will recycle the 2016 Olympic video for the 2020 (held in 2021) Olympics.

Nothing static in the video says 2016, just CGI imagery, and the set they used could pass for Rio, Tokyo, or wherever.

Perhaps the only yellow flag would be the ramp workers wearing their 2013-2019 uniform.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 12:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by NikoLGA
My guess is they will recycle the 2016 Olympic video for the 2020 (held in 2021) Olympics.

Nothing static in the video says 2016, just CGI imagery, and the set they used could pass for Rio, Tokyo, or wherever.

Perhaps the only yellow flag would be the ramp workers wearing their 2013-2019 uniform.
Unlikely. Delta is taking over the Team USA sponsorship in 2021.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Unlikely. Delta is taking over the Team USA sponsorship in 2021.
I’m aware of that contract, but my understanding is that it will begin with the Beijing 2022 Olympics.

These upcoming summer olympics are going to be officially known as the “2020 Summer Olympics” and United paid for the contract of this Olympics. Unless if some modification to the deal was made, I doubt there would be a change.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 8:05 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I’m aware of that contract, but my understanding is that it will begin with the Beijing 2022 Olympics.

These upcoming summer olympics are going to be officially known as the “2020 Summer Olympics” and United paid for the contract of this Olympics. Unless if some modification to the deal was made, I doubt there would be a change.
You mean the "possibly upcoming summer olympics", which are quite probably the "2020 Canceled Olympics" - and I don't think United will be getting a refund for their marketing expenses. However, I agree it is completely wasteful to redo the video - in fact, the next version should be a simplified, 45 second animated how-to that sticks to the point of safety equipment and procedures and dumps the annoying fluff.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb

Nope - sponsorship starts on January 1, 2021, *includes* Beijing 2022.

https://news.delta.com/delta-launche...2028-inaugural
Old Dec 14, 2020, 2:52 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bocastephen
However, I agree it is completely wasteful to redo the video - in fact, the next version should be a simplified, 45 second animated how-to that sticks to the point of safety equipment and procedures and dumps the annoying fluff.
They could bring this one back for the Airbii. Complete with Rhapsody in Blue!

Old Dec 14, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
They could bring this one back for the Airbii. Complete with Rhapsody in Blue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MnOyjVSKvQ
The characters looked a little....odd....but this is exactly what we need, just cutting 45 seconds of fluff out from the beginning, and about a minute off the end segment, and this is the perfect safety video. Short, sweet and to the point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.