Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Purchase/travel major $$$ ticket by 15 Nov 2017 and earn bonus miles

Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
link ---- Similiar to last year's (2016) promo
Targeted and offers vary

Terms and conditions:

For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United and United Express will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by Star Alliance member airline or a United MileagePlus partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate and then calculate the number of miles you will earn. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. You will not earn Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) or award miles for the full amount of the displayed price for these itineraries because the U.S. Federal Transportation tax is not eligible to earn PQD or miles.

For this promotion, rewards will be awarded for each spending threshold that has been met, subject to the terms and conditions. Threshold bonuses may be earned only once. Partial bonuses will not be awarded for members who don't reach a certain threshold. All calculations made in connection with this offer will be made by MileagePlus in its discretion and considered final.
1. Only original recipients of this email invitation can register and participate in this promotion.
2. Registration is required by November 1, 2017. Only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
3. Ticketing dates: September 14, 2017, through November 15, 2017.
4. Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after September 14, 2017, and completed on or before November 15, 2017.

5. Tickets purchased in Basic Economy (N fare class) are not eligible for this promotion.
6. Offer is not valid on government fares.
7. Qualifying flight activity must be posted to the member's MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer.
8. Flights on award travel tickets and other tickets that do not earn Premier qualifying credits do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.
9. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
10. Bonus will post to your MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the promotion end on November 15, 2017. Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fare and/or fare classes and Economy Plus purchases, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fare and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrade, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access, Award Accelerator, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.
11. Bonus award miles are redeemable miles and do not count toward Premier status. Award miles do not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles.
12. Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other requirements must be met for the applicable Premier status.
13. E-Ticket purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
14. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

My first targeted offer in a long time, required registration

Fly your way to 65,000 bonus award miles

Spend $5,800
Earn 22,500 bonus award miles

Spend a total of $7,300
Earn 42,500 more bonus award miles
Due to retirement my flying is only 1/3 of last year but may be UA missed me
But unfortunately this offer will also miss me.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
My first targeted offer in a long time, required registration

Due to retirement my flying is only 1/3 of last year but may be UA missed me
But unfortunately this offer will also miss me.
Did you get a promo code? This looks a lot like last year's promo, right down to ignoring tickets that were already purchased. I rarely if ever get emails from UA, but if you have a code I'd like to try and see if I was invisibly targeted (as, I'm sure, would others
mommafrica likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jsloan
Did you get a promo code? ...
No, blind (1-click, nothing to enter) registration

I did participate in last years promo but that was not quite so short term and seems to be almost universally available.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Did you get a promo code? This looks a lot like last year's promo
But less generous.

I scored like 80K bonus miles on last year's.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:16 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Did you get a promo code? This looks a lot like last year's promo, right down to ignoring tickets that were already purchased. I rarely if ever get emails from UA, but if you have a code I'd like to try and see if I was invisibly targeted (as, I'm sure, would others
Link to offer:

https://promotions.united.com/offers/flyunited

I did not receive the email but had a ridiculous offer (already qualified for 1K with more than $12000 spend):

Spend $4100 receive 16,000 bonus miles
Spend $7500 receive 96,000 bonus miles
Coskigirl likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
$5,000 for 19,500
$6,200 for 36,000

Unlike last year's promo, this will not affect my travel at all.
Especially with the double devaluation, which makes the miles ever less valuable.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Thanks for the link. ^ I'm not eligible, but considering the number of tickets I already have purchased that wouldn't have qualified, it's probably just as well. Now I can just feel slighted all at once instead of feeling it anew each time I get on a plane.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Kacee
But less generous.

I scored like 80K bonus miles on last year's.
Not eligible for this one. I managed 170,000 on last year's (in addition to the 170,000 I got in RDM for the actual spend).

Was quite lucrative!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Received:

$3800 for 15,500 miles
$6900 for 90,000 miles

Ticketing must be after September 14 so it's a 2 month window to book and fly. I won't be targeting or hitting those targets in all likelihood.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: UA Gold
Ack! I literally just booked a $2800 flight this morning and now see this and received an offer of $5200 for 20k miles and $6400 for 57.5k miles. Can I book again and cancel the first reservation within 24 hours?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Coskigirl
Ack! I literally just booked a $2800 flight this morning and now see this and received an offer of $5200 for 20k miles and $6400 for 57.5k miles. Can I book again and cancel the first reservation within 24 hours?
Yes, you absolutely can.
Coskigirl likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: United MP Premier Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
$2800 - 11,000 miles
$3,500 - 20,500

Pretty low for me and with my scheduled travel I most likely wont hit it. If this was the last two months I would have made it easily

Had a much better offer in march for $1,300 spend for 24,000 miles
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
$5600 --> 27,000 miles
$10,100 --> 180,000 miles

Flattered that they think I'm going to blow 10 G's in the next 2 months...
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Not eligible this year. But I have far surpassed my PQD/PQM from last year already. Near 200k PQM/$40k PQD

Last edited by TexasAggie02; Sep 15, 2017 at 11:20 am
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
I'm a 1K with 0 PQM/PQD this year. I got:

$4,400 -> 46K miles
$10,200 -> 168,500 miles

I could conceivably move spend around to hit this. So spending $10K = 214K miles + 110K RDM form ticket = ~300K miles. Hopefully there's no big devaluation coming Pretty tempted to pull the trigger on this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.