FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Which airline websited sells seats combining United and Lufthansa (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1866833-airline-websited-sells-seats-combining-united-lufthansa.html)

ELAL Sep 14, 2017 2:22 am

Which airline websited sells seats combining United and Lufthansa

I am looking to book a ticket which according to the online travel agencies is cheapest going out on United and returning with LH.

I prefer not to book via these websites (no service and crazy charges for any change) but through the airline websites themselves.
the LH site isn't showing the United flights and United website does not show the cheap LH flights.

Any solutions?

dinoscool3 Sep 14, 2017 2:37 am

Search through google flights and see if it can replicate it on UA and LH. Sometimes it's able to pull things up that the website doesn't normally show.

sbbutler93 Sep 14, 2017 2:42 am

Originally Posted by dinoscool3 (Post 28813986)
Search through google flights and see if it can replicate it on UA and LH. Sometimes it's able to pull things up that the website doesn't normally show.

Failing this, the ITA Matrix PowerTools Script and/or bookwithmatrix.com

mduell Sep 14, 2017 2:48 am

+1 ^

dinoscool3 Sep 14, 2017 2:49 am

Originally Posted by sbbutler93 (Post 28813998)

Unfortunetly bookwithmatrix.com doesn't seem to have the ability to pull it up through most airline websites. It's a shame, but what I generally do is search first through ITA then try to replicate elsewhere.

sbbutler93 Sep 14, 2017 3:04 am

Originally Posted by dinoscool3 (Post 28814018)
Unfortunetly bookwithmatrix.com doesn't seem to have the ability to pull it up through most airline websites. It's a shame, but what I generally do is search first through ITA then try to replicate elsewhere.

It's generally able to pull up via AA.com which is what I'm used to, but just tried it out with a couple UA fares to no avail...good call

ELAL Sep 14, 2017 3:49 am

Worked.
Thanks!

100% Green Sep 14, 2017 7:36 am

Originally Posted by sbbutler93 (Post 28813998)

Doesn't work with United currently.

EmailKid Sep 14, 2017 9:29 am

Originally Posted by ELAL (Post 28813961)
(no service and crazy charges for any change)

Lots of posts about no service, but most of change fees come from airlines themselves.

Crazy high for international flights :( :td:

sbbutler93 Sep 14, 2017 10:25 am

Originally Posted by 100% Green (Post 28814678)
Doesn't work with United currently.

But does with LH, which for OP's situation could be useful nonetheless. Or, via the direct Hipmunk link PowerTools gives, and then direct to UA

findark Sep 14, 2017 1:02 pm

Calling United is also a good way to do this (and to book on 016 stock) assuming the ticket can be plated such.