Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Very last minute change in departure time [HELP]

Very last minute change in departure time [HELP]

Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by username
They need to fix this for OP
If you read the OP's posts, you'll see that it was fixed 12 hours before your post.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I think OP should be thankful they were notified somehow of the BR change in departure time. UA probably wouldn't have done that :-D

Most people would have just gotten on the fights as none of the airport staff in PER or SIN was likely to know the BR flight was leaving early. Then the OP would have arrived in TPE (assuming the flight from SIN actually gets there due to the typhoon) to find out the BR flight left without him.

Even though it's weather related there's a decent chance BR would have put OP up in a hotel (at BR's expense) and flown OP out the next day.

Personally I think TPE is the far better city to get 'stuck' in for an overnight. But that's because I'm based in SIN (so I'm over this place) and I haven't spent as much time in TPE. But TPE in a typhoon? Maybe not.

-RM
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Looks like not an overnight in SIN.... a nice daylong layover then a redeye to NRT.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kkl
No flight availability through multiple routes on the 13th. Managed to change to SIN-NRT-YYZ

NRT-YYZ on the 14th. 12hour stop over in SIN

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
If you read the OP's posts, you'll see that it was fixed 12 hours before your post.
Sorry, I was trying to help. I estimated OP was still in SIN when I posted and not clear who did the rerouting. I believe *A rule says day of travel problems are handled by the operating carrier so I thought maybe better routing might be possible if BR did it.
Kacee likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 13, 2017 at 9:39 pm Reason: Discuss the issues, not the poster(s)
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by kkl
No flight availability through multiple routes on the 13th. Managed to change to SIN-NRT-YYZ

NRT-YYZ on the 14th. 12hour stop over in SIN
Will be just before the Typoon is set to hit Japan.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1866759-travel-waiver-typhoon-talim-japan-airports-15-18-september-2017-a.html#post28812177

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.