DL One vs. UA ps

Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:33 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
If you're an elite flyer ex-SFO why would you even care about the UC situation. The Centurion is the de-facto United lounge for me unless I need some customer support. Considering the Centurion is in the UA terminals and not connected to the DL gates, and we're not about to go through security twice—you have to compare the Centurion experience vs. the DL SkyClub experience, and I think T3 wins hands down here.

Also, with CLEAR, security is pretty much a non-issue. Though on the way back the lack of CLEAR at EWR really hurts.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Ag
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Personally I find the JFK Delta experience hyped. The 'food' setup is like a black friday sale - people bumping into each other for junk.
It's funny because it's true.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by helvetic
If you're an elite flyer ex-SFO why would you even care about the UC situation. The Centurion is the de-facto United lounge for me unless I need some customer support. Considering the Centurion is in the UA terminals and not connected to the DL gates, and we're not about to go through security twiceyou have to compare the Centurion experience vs. the DL SkyClub experience, and I think T3 wins hands down here.

Also, with CLEAR, security is pretty much a non-issue. Though on the way back the lack of CLEAR at EWR really hurts.
Because not every "elite flyer" has Centurion lounge access...
artvandalay likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
If you're an elite flyer ex-SFO why would you even care about the UC situation. The Centurion is the de-facto United lounge for me unless I need some customer support. Considering the Centurion is in the UA terminals and not connected to the DL gates, and we're not about to go through security twiceyou have to compare the Centurion experience vs. the DL SkyClub experience, and I think T3 wins hands down here.
This was brewing for a while, but for my last flight out of SFO I finally did the unthinkable: it was so crowded that after getting a quick bite I left the Centurion lounge for the UC club by gate 70. Plenty of seats and was surprised to find the fancy coke machine that can mix all the flavors.

It was an international flight so it was a long walk to the G gates... and another long and quite fast-paced walk back when I realized the flight to Frankfurt is departing from gate 82.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
If you're an elite flyer ex-SFO why would you even care about the UC situation. The Centurion is the de-facto United lounge for me unless I need some customer support. Considering the Centurion is in the UA terminals and not connected to the DL gates, and we're not about to go through security twice—you have to compare the Centurion experience vs. the DL SkyClub experience, and I think T3 wins hands down here.
Because Centurion is a mob scene much of the day. We were in there Friday @5 pm and there were not two seats together anywhere in the lounge.

And I prefer the SFO SkyClub to Centurion. More spacious, great tarmac views, decent food, much lower db percentage.

Originally Posted by fatlasercat
This was brewing for a while, but for my last flight out of SFO I finally did the unthinkable: it was so crowded that after getting a quick bite I left the Centurion lounge for the UC club by gate 70. Plenty of seats and was surprised to find the fancy coke machine that can mix all the flavors.
We wound up in the rotunda club Friday. No problem finding seats and while the food sucks, at least the internet is smoking fast (around 200 mbps down). I could barely maintain a connection in Centurion.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
Because Centurion is a mob scene much of the day. We were in there Friday @5 pm and there were not two seats together anywhere in the lounge.

And I prefer the SFO SkyClub to Centurion. More spacious, great tarmac views, decent food, much lower db percentage.

We wound up in the rotunda club Friday. No problem finding seats and while the food sucks, at least the internet is smoking fast (around 200 mbps down). I could barely maintain a connection in Centurion.
Just walked in and walked out of the Centurion at SFO. Monday at 9:30 AM and it's standing room only with a line to check in. This lounge is so loud. You couldn't even take a phone call if you wanted. Walked over to rotunda UC. It's crowded but I easily found a seat no problem. I also don't want to wait in a huge bar line to get a diet coke.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I will say that the old UC in the rotunda does have nice views, though. Saw a lot of 77Ws and Dreamliners taking off both to the west and to the north. I really like the north-facing view when 2 planes take off in parallel and fly off in separate directions.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:01 am

db?

deadbeats?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by EWRMAN
db?

deadbeats?
Decibels I'm assuming. But deadbeats also works
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EWRMAN
db?

deadbeats?
At the risk of deletion, it refers to a personal feminine hygiene product.
sinoflyer likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:17 am

gotcha.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:31 am

Makes sense

I tend to like the crowds at UCs better as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.