Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA IAH-SYD - First reduced for low season, now 4x weekly year around (& load limits)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA IAH-SYD - First reduced for low season, now 4x weekly year around (& load limits)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB

Press release.
seanp7, Tor Viking, mikeyf and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by wxguy
Damn.......
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Certainly not a route that was on anyone's guessing list! Wonder if the route is going to be able to stick despite the Harvey issues...
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Very interesting

Runs in near direct competition to QF's SYD->DFW flight

Departure times are also more friendly to sleep patterns as well
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, VA Plat, EY Gold
Hallelujah!
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Wow! I continue to be impressed by UA's long-haul additions, especially this and SFO/LAX-SIN. While UA might copy DL in many things, route network isn't one of them!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
If HKG has 3 daily flights and will be getting a Polaris lounge, will SYD be getting one?

(I know, wishful thinking - and plenty of other lounge options in SYD already)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:56 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Considering that UA has trouble reliably operating the 787s on SFO-SIN and similar length routes already, you would think that would give them a bit of pause to work out those issues.
artvandalay likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
Cool! This one might end up on my need to do list
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 2MM
It is interesting that UA recently announced that they will stop 787 service to IAH and remove the base there, this is either going to be a long W route for the pilots or they will have to deadhead pilots to IAH from SFO or IAD for this flight (I count a 10 day trip if they fly SFO-SYD-IAH-SYD-SFO

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
If HKG has 3 daily flights and will be getting a Polaris lounge, will SYD be getting one?

(I know, wishful thinking - and plenty of other lounge options in SYD already)
ANZ lounge is nice enough, I believe the reason for the HKG lounge is lack of *A business lounges in HKG in addition to the fact that UA used to have many more departures from HKG that allowed a GF lounge and large RCC.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: United 1K
There were rumors that this would be a ORD-SYD flight. I'd much rather see that as its a little more unique. Likely too close to the flight limits.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Certainly not a route that was on anyone's guessing list! Wonder if the route is going to be able to stick despite the Harvey issues...
It's not just for Houston fliers, it's a huge benefit for the many US cities that now have 1-stop options to SYD and they didn't have with just LAX and SFO.

For US-based travelers, isn't there now an advantage for MP FFers flying IAH-SYD (on UA metal) versus Advantage members flying DFW-SYD (on QF metal) for the purposes of status?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LordTentacle
Runs in near direct competition to QF's SYD->DFW flight
And nicely complements the NZ service to AKL. Lots of lift for the midwest/south/southeast into the South Pacific.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
That's a great addition. Can't wait to see what routes will come next. I'd love to see PRG, BUD, or VIE make an appearance with UA metal.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: UA GS
For GS, there's ample T and PN inventory loaded already. You can convert T to XN and upgrade with a GPU. 40,000+GPU each way for business class seats. Just booked two.

Not bad!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.